Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
maybemymelody
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: O2

Blackberry Curve, when I take it out of the case/pouch/holder it disconnects calls

Hi all,

I would be grateful for any help with this.

I have a leather case for my Blackberry, it's a proper Blackberry case with the logo.  If I receive a phone call, as I take the blackberry out of the case it disconnects the call.

This is my second case and still have the same problem

I received this phone for Christmas last year and each time I receive a call I remove from the case, it disconnects call and so I have to call them back.

I really need to get this sorted!

If the phone isn't in a case it works fine.

If anyone can help me I would be very happy!

Please use plain text.
Developer
Wiki_Berry
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: AIS Thailand

Re: Blackberry Curve, when I take it out of the case/pouch/holder it disconnects calls

Oh,
Try reloading your battery OS or get help from @BlackBerryHelp,
Hope this helps! :smileyhappy:
If you have an answer to your question then please click “Accept as Solution”
Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit.
BB 8700 -> Bold 9000 -> Curve 8520 -> Bold 9700 -> Curve 9320 -> Bold 9900 -> BlackBerry Z10 + PlayBook 64 GB Wi-Fi
Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Blackberry Curve, when I take it out of the case/pouch/holder it disconnects calls

maybemymelody wrote:

I have a leather case for my Blackberry, it's a proper Blackberry case with the logo.  If I receive a phone call, as I take the blackberry out of the case it disconnects the call.

First of all, your case needs to be a BlackBerry case.....so far, so good with that criteria.  Next, it needs to be a BlackBerry case for your specific model of phone.  Don't use a case unless it specifically has your model and model number on the packaging (i.e. Curve 8520).  Each case has a magnet which is set to align with your phone and put it in to hibernation.  If you use an improper case for your model, the magnet could be causing problems.  You said your phone works without the case so I suspect the case is not suitable for your specific model of phone.

I hope that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Developer
Wiki_Berry

Oh wow,
Didn't know about the magnet thing!
Nice :smileyhappy:
BB 8700 -> Bold 9000 -> Curve 8520 -> Bold 9700 -> Curve 9320 -> Bold 9900 -> BlackBerry Z10 + PlayBook 64 GB Wi-Fi
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
maybemymelody

Thanks but how do I reload the battery?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
maybemymelody

Thanks for your reply, yes it's definately the right case.  Also it's the second one I brought and they were quite expensive.  One is leather and the other isn't.

Both disconnect the calls as I pull the phone out of the case.

It's so annoying.

Please use plain text.
Developer
Wiki_Berry

You pull out the battery cover, take out the battery and put it back on while the phone is on
Please use plain text.
Developer
Wiki_Berry

To reload the battery
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

HSingh2012 wrote : 

You pull out the battery cover, take out the battery and put it back on while the phone is on

Yes its called a Hard Reset also known as Battery Pull Retart, We can't reload the Battery OS ,our BlackBerry Battery are Lithium -ion Battery it don't have any OS .:smileywink:

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
Developer
Wiki_Berry

Thanks what I meant! :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.