Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

adekker
My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry Curve will not start up

My Blackberry curve wont boot, i woke up this morning and the screen was on with the hourglass spinning, it stays at that screen for about 5 seconds then the screen goes black and the red light at the top right comes on for a few seconds, then the light goes off and everything is blank for a few seconds, then the screen comes on with the hour glass spinning for about 5 seconds, repeating the cycle.  

I took out the battery and sim card, put them back in and the same thing happens, The battery had about 1/3 power when i went to bed last night but i threw it on the charger this morning in hopes that it would fix the problem.

the power button does not appear to be sticky in any way.

what should i do?
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Blackberry Curve will not start up

Is you curve still under warranty, if so, get a new one.
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

adekker

thats my only option?
Super Contributor
jrdante
My Device: Blackberry 9530

It sounds like "incomplete wake up". As Bifocals stated...get a new one.  You should have a one year mfg warranty.  There is usually no fix for this.  Bring it back to your wireless carrier.

** Don't forget to resolve your post with the accepted solution.
bowerbjo

[ Edited ]

You cannot be serious, can you? Are you really saying that the only thing that can be done is getting the unit replaced? This seems to be a common problem on the internet and RIM can provide no solution?

what about those of us out of warranty (mine bricked last night about 26 days past my warranty)? Is the solution to that simply go buy a new phone?

I have always love my BB but since I got the pearl (8130) and then my curve (8830) I have had nothing but problems, and as of now I will be reverting back to my WM device. Until these problems are addressed and ACTUAL solutions are given, I see no reason for anyone to use RIM devices and would never recommend one for a friend.

Anyone else jumping RIM's ship because of this crap?

-Former happy RIM customer

Message Edited by bowerbjo on 11-10-2008 01:06 PM
Belial

[ Edited ]

That is completly unbelievable I have had the same problem for the last 3 days and I'm so pissed to find out that RIM has not rectified this problem.

Is this the truth? Is there is no solution other then to get a new phone ?!  ARRRRHHHHGGG!!!

I will never buy another fataly flawed device from these people.

One would think that such a expensive phone would have a failsafe.

RIM, get your act toogether! If i find out this is the truth I am reporting you to the Better Buisness Bureau. 

i lost so much vital data it is sickening. 

Brinkie
My Device: bold 9000

I had the same issue: bold 9000 not starting up, not even a red LED, nothing. Finally left if overnight without the battery, simcard or memerycard in it. The next morning only plugged in the USD to my laptop: LED was back! Popped in the battery, reloaded the software and back online! Thanx for the tips!

Forums Advisor II
FA1SGL
My Device: 9550 Storm2/Verizon
My Carrier: Verizon

I am glad your Bold is up and running.  I would say though that tagging onto to an old thread on another device board and assuming you have the same issue can be dangerous to your device if you are not careful,  You are using a totally different BB with nearly two years of OS amd firmware changes. 

Наглый пес! Вы должны быть благодарны мы даем Вам возможность проживать в нашем мире!
BB 9550 Verizon OS 5.0.0.1015 My Storm My Blackberry My Lifeline
If there is a Theme on my Blackberry, Hedone it!
If someone successfully helped you with an issue, say thank you by clicking "kudos" in their post and clicking the star.
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post that solved it for you!
gargs822
My Device: Curve 8520

I have bought a new BB curve 8520 but its not starting for the first time also.. it starts for few seconds, then it shows loading and the red LED blinks and then everything shuts.

What should i do? is replacing the best option?