Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
alex8118
My Carrier: Virgin mobile

Blackberry Curve wont charge.

I have a blackberry curve 9360, and its four months old. First my charger was barely working, or it seemed to be the charger. Then my battery drained completely dead and would not charge at all. So i got a new battery  and a differnt charger, and the same thing happened. i have no idea, if it's the charger, battery or the handheld.. Can anyone help me?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
AlyssaH
My Carrier: Koodo Mobile

Re: Blackberry Curve wont charge.

I'm having the same problem. I tried to plug my Curve in to charge today, and there was no indication on the battery bar that it's charging. I left it there for a while and when I came back to check, the power bar was still the same (15%). Soon my phone will be dead and I'll have no way to charge it up again, because I've tried everything in my power and nothing is working.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
alex8118

i had to hold my charger there, in order for it to charge and it got up to 25%, i let it charge over night and when i woke up, it was completely drained and, i had to hold it again

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
AlyssaH

Holding it there doesn't do anything for me. Now it's at 5% and I have no idea what to do. I even tried calling Customer Service.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
alex8118

i had to wiggle it around a little first. i thought it was my battery because it wasn't charging properly so got a new battery and the same things happening , so i'm starting to think its the handheld

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
AlyssaH

I just took my phone into the Koodo shop. They tried other batteries (and my phone still wouldn't charge) and I already knew it wasn't a problem with my chargers (since other people's Blackberries worked fine when plugged into them), so the person thinks it's a problem with the port. I have no idea how that could be possible because I've never dropped or damged my phone in any way.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
alex8118

My warrenty wasnt up, so i called blackberry and they are going to fix it or try to.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
AlyssaH

Good luck. I can't decide if I should get mine fixed or just get a new one. If it's an easy fix that I'm just unaware of, I'd hate to spend all that money unnecessarily.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
AlyssaH

I fixed the problem! It was a software update, and all I had to do was restore my phone to factory setting (just the applications section, not the contacts, media card, etc) and voila, good as new.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
alex8118

How do you do a software update?

Please use plain text.