Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
Sherrykon
My Device: Curve8530

Blackberry Curve

I have been reading a bunch of problems with the blackberry curves on here about rebooting over and over again. Mine has been doing it now for awhile. Seem like it might be a hardware problem but I'm wondering why all of a sudden is everyones curve rebooting over and over. I to can't afford a new phone but looks like I won't have a choice,I run my business from my phone and need it maybe its time to look into a phone that does not have problems. But I wonder if it something that blackberry is doing to make these phones useless and forcing people to buy their new one's???? Just a thought. I have tried everything and nothing works so my phone just keeps rebooting and it's **bleep** me off.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Blackberry Curve

Hello,

I think your suspicion is not valid...it would be rather insane for BlackBerry to do something like that. Further, the number of reports in this site with the same symptom do not, statistically, result in "everyone"...with devices designed, built, and used by humans, there will always be defect and failure rates greater than zero.

There are things to try and deduce what the problem might be, but you must be willing to participate in that process - for it is a "self diagnosis" and deductive process, where we give you things to try and you tell us the results. As we proceed, we rule out things one by one, or we find an actual cause/cure. If we never find a cause, then the most likely cause is hardware, for which no amount of internet-distance diagnosis nor OS/software recommendations can be of any use.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
Sherrykon
My Device: Curve8530

I know it would be insane for blackberry to do something I'm not stupid! I just find it funny that there are so many haveing trouble with their curves rebooting all the time. I have tried everything everyone has suggested and nothing works so I have come to the conclusion that my one year old phone has a hardware problem so it is now USELESS and can be thrown in the garbage. As I stated it is just strange that for some reason in the last little while that the curves are having trouble and sorry if your confused when I said everyone I guess I should have said everyone I read!
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Sherrykon wrote:
I know it would be insane for blackberry to do something I'm not stupid! 

Oh...sorry...I guess I can't understand why you even asked the question then? Perhaps you meant it with sarcasm...such did not come through, however. My apologies for offending you in any way that I might have.

Good luck to you.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code