Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Marg_B
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8250

Blackberry Desktop Software

[ Edited ]

Hello, I have a Blackberry Curve 8520 and I am trying to download your BlackBerry® Desktop Software for PC programme but unfortunately I receive this message every time:

Error 1723. There is a problem with this windows installer package. A DLL required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action RepairRimUsbDriverNT.191E2COC_5A62_43E3_B035...

I have followed your forums and the advice given but to no avail. I am operating Windows Vista and am beginning to become very frustrated with this occurring problem. Is there any advice you can give me?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: Blackberry Desktop Software

Try this: Right click on the .exe file and select "run as administrator."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Marg_B
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8250

Thank you for your advice John but could you please explain what I have to right click on. I do run other programmes on my PC by right clicking and choosing "run as administrator" but I can't see where to right click when I am downloading the software from the Blackberry webpage.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

[ Edited ]

Marg_B wrote:

Error 1723. There is a problem with this windows installer package. A DLL required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action RepairRimUsbDriverNT.191E2COC_5A62_43E3_B035...

Hello Marg_B

To elaborate what John had advised please check this  http://superuser.com/questions/478631/dll-could-not-be-run-for-msi-installers

You Can you try this article also Error 1723. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package

Or you should also try to  perform a Clean uninstall of Desktop Software and reinstall it again.Refer to this KB .

KB02206 : How to perform a clean uninstall of the BlackBerry Desktop Software

Download and install the latest BlackBerry desktop software from here BlackBerry desktop software

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Marg_B wrote:
Thank you for your advice John but could you please explain what I have to right click on. I do run other programmes on my PC by right clicking and choosing "run as administrator" but I can't see where to right click when I am downloading the software from the Blackberry webpage.

Download the file first, paying attention to where it is downloading to so you can find it.  Once it's downloaded, go to that folder and right click on the file you downloaded and select "Run as Administrator." 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.