Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Blackberry Destop Software does not have software for the device that is connected

I just bought a Blackberry Curve 8310.  I downloaded the Desktop software and I wanted to update the software. When I go to do that it says that the Destop Software does not have the software for the device that is connected.  Help!!! :smileyhappy:

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Blackberry Destop Software does not have software for the device that is connected

What do you want to update it to?  If you just purchased it, it's likely that it's already up to date as far as your carrier is concerned.  If you want to update the very latest then use the link below:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-8300-series-discussion-curve/151886-latest-os-8310-4-5-0-108...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Re: Blackberry Destop Software does not have software for the device that is connected

Ok.  How do I tell what version of software that I have.  I'm new to Blackberry so bear with me.
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi and welcome to the forums!

GO TO OPTIONS ABOUT OS will look like this: 4.x.x.xxx

Thanks,

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

Ok I did that but it only says "connection settings" and "data folder settings"
New Contributor

Ok I got it.  Thanks for the help