Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
LisaLu
My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry Email

Just curious as to how I transfer my blackberry email from one blackberry to my new blackberry.

Thanks

Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Blackberry Email

Is your device setup with a BIS (personal email) or BES (corporate email)? If you want to transfer the email messages themselves you can you the Backup and Restore feature in Desktop Manager to do so. Just download BlackBerry Desktop Manager from here. Once installed just follow these steps to transfer: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB13428
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Forums Advisor III
bumblepie
My Device: 8110, 8300, 8800, 8700, 9000

Two ways,

You need to log into your carriers BIS site and update the PIN and IMEI number to the new device.

This can be access from the 'EMAIL SETTINGS' icon on ur device, or find your carrier from this list

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/software/internet.jsp

(IF you are using a BES service, contact your company IT department.)

***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~
New Contributor
LisaLu
My Device: Not Specified

I have changed my personal email no problem but I meant the actual blackberry account email.

Thanks

Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800

Just login to BIS account through Email Settings icon in your new device you'll get a prompt about change of new device. If you accept the changes all the account that are configured in your old device will be switched to your new one.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit