Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

GemHop81
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9320 - REW71UW
My Carrier: Tesco

Blackberry ID Problems! I Cannot Remember the Password or the Re-Set Security Question Answer!!! HELP

My Daughters phone which I bought at the beginning of Summer last year (2013) started acting funny recently, randomly deleting photos, music, formatting the micro USB, battery life practically impossible to use the phone for more than just over the 6 hour school day, deleting phone contacts, bbm conversations and much more all in random orders. I plugged in the USB to my laptop so that I could put music back onto the phone, I of course created a back up at this point just to be on the safe side as I always do on plugging it in. 

It refused to sync the music from my laptop to the phone Inc the 8 gig micro card in as apparently have too much music on my computer to transfer. So I set abou separating what she liked and disliked from my music list and putting it all in a separate file. This didn't change any thing so I checked through the applications on the phone which brought to my attention that the operating system had significant problems, certain important parts of it were not installed correctly or had been "put offline" shall we say. So I looked back to an earlier back up done near to the beginning when she got the phone in the first place and I suggested going back to this back up then reapplying any lost phone numbers, BBM info and contact etc. We agreed and went ahead.

As soon as the phone booted itself back up it requested our pin number, no problem there, in it went, next step - A password..........This I didn't know? Neither did my daughter. I read up on it on this website via the Blackberry ID section and all we could do at this point would be to re-set it. This now opened up a new challenge I had to find the right email address we used to open it with. After struggling for the best part of 12 hours to get this part right and move on to the next I now found myself with an even bigger one: I needed to answer a security question of

my choosing all those  many months ago with just one word as a hint! I tried every possible answer and combination in vein - I simply don't know it and there are NO options to say how to move on past this and try another way, give another piece of abomination. I can't even ring Blackberry to try and get their help, all I got was come to here and ask on the boards. It is here I would find the answer............

SO PLEASE PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP ME HERE????? Without her phone to go to school with she is not as protected!

Many Thanks

Gemma Hopgood              

'

Please use plain text.
Developer
josuefunes
My Device: Bold 9700, 9790, 9900, Curve 8520, 9360, Blackberry Z10 | iPhone 5S
My Carrier: *

Re: Blackberry ID Problems! I Cannot Remember the Password or the Re-Set Security Question Answer!!! HELP

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please see this "sticky" post for helpful information concerning your BBID situation:

Hopefully, this information will be of use to you. Given your situation, I suspect you cannot get past this without human intervention (which is discussed in that post)...all of the automated recovery methods require either the correct security question response or that the BBID already have been validated, which is the step you are actually now on. Hence, I doubt that the automated recovery methods will work for you.

Cheers, and Good Luck!

VIA | Hall of Famer II

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Curve/BBID-User-authentication-required/m-p/273104...

You have to remember either the BlackBerryID password, or the secret question answer. Without either, you're stuck.
Your choices are:
--Use another email account to create an entirely new BlackBerryID (with which you will lose access to any purchased apps using the "forgotten" first BlackBerryID, or
--Find the initial email you were sent to confirm the initial BlackBerryID, and in it is a link to click to cancel and delete the account. Click on that, delete the account and then you can use that same email to create an entirely new account.
Good luck.

more info here:

Article ID: KB25464 How to delete a BlackBerry ID

VIA | JSanders

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-PlayBook/lost-blackberry-ID-reset-question/m-p/260...

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please thank those who help you by clicking the original button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"
Please use plain text.