Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
castillo_tomasiii
My Device: Curve 9380

Blackberry ID is now invalid

After I restart my blackberry, Blackberry protect prompted and it advised me to login. Then I tried my password then it was invalid. Then I tried logging in thru the website then my blackberry ID is now invalid. So I tried registering my email again then in my manage devices there is no devices. What to do? I realized that blackberry had a recent update to their system, I don't know if they have deleted my account.

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: Blackberry ID is now invalid

Hi castillo_tomasiii

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Are you sure that you're using the correct email ID and the password on BlackBerry Protect website ? Because BlackBerry  doesn't delete anyone's  BlackBerry ID account .

Can try  to reset you BlackBerry ID password ! Go through this KB and reset it then try it again.

KB26361  :How to change or reset a BlackBerry ID password.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
castillo_tomasiii

Hello prince2012,

Thank you for your reply.

Before when I login to https://protect.blackberry.com/protect/managedevices using my BBID/email I see my device there and then a few days ago I login again it says that my email is invalid, so I registered it again, the same email, then my device is no longer there.

Now I'm trying to logon to my Blackbery Protect application in my phone and then it says "Enter the username associated with this smartphone". But when I go to Options > Device > Blackberry ID I can see that my username there is the one that I'm trying to use to login to that phone.

My device is a Blackberry Curve 9380.

Thanks again.

Elite II
prince2012

Hi castillo_tomasiii

If while login BlackBerry Protect  website you recieved the message that your Email is Invalid , then you should have tried some other steps like change or update your username on BlackBerry Id website , and also on BlackBerry Protect website we will not recieve this error message unless we make some changes on BlackBerry ID website or the device itself. But you should have re-registrated your email or username . 

Now to recover from this error " Enter the Username associated with this Smartphone " First do a backup of our device , for help refer to this article  How To Backup Your BlackBerry . Once you have your Backup, you have to perform a Security wipe , then only you will be allowed to use your current Email or Username on that device.for help refer to this KB.

KB14058 : How to delete all data and applications from the BlackBerry smartphone using the Security Wipe option.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
castillo_tomasiii

[ Edited ]

Hello prince2012,

Your suggestion is correct. I download the BlackBerry Desktop Software then backup my device. Then Security Wipe my phone but I lost some of my contacts in BlackBerry Messenger. That's fine, my main objective is to be able to use the BlackBerry Protect.

Thank you for your response.

Elite II
prince2012

Hi castillo_tomasiii

You are most welcome .. I am glad that now you can access BlackBerry Protect :smileyhappy:

Regarding your issue with BBM Contact list , previously If you're having BBM7 then your BBM Contacts are integrated with your BlackBerry ID , Once you login with your BlackBerry ID on your device your Contacts will be restored back , but if you're having any previous persion then you can restore then back , if you already did a backup. So check this KB which might help :

KB20554 How to back up and restore the BlackBerry Messenger contact list