Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
GDrivs67
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9320
My Carrier: TalkMobile
Accepted Solution

Blackberry ID password reset not working

My daughter tried to upgrade her BBM last night. When she tried to log back in using her Blackberry ID, she was unsure of the password, tried and failed to answer the security question, so we have tried to reset her Blackberry ID password online.

When we go through the steps to reset her password via an email, no password email is received. I am checking the email on a PC (not the Blackberry) and have checked the junk email folder, but no reset email is received.

Any suggestions?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Blackberry ID password reset not working

Hi GDrivs67

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Please Go through this Knowledge Base and see if that helps:

KB28232 :BlackBerry ID reset email is not being delivered to the associated mailbox.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
GDrivs67
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9320
My Carrier: TalkMobile

Thank you very much. The email is Hotmail, with no restrictions on incoming email from Blackberry that I am aware of. All other workarounds suggested have been tried or cannot be used.

Thank you again. Do  you have any other suggestions

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hi GDrivs67

Within that Knowledge Base there is an Article KB26361  ,Even if you had already tried I prefer try it again.Or if you can recall the security question you can try this KB28685 .  

Prince

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Cels
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Bell

Hi there!

I'm having a similar problem. I updated my bbm today, but I forgot my blackberry id password. I've been trying all day to reset it but every time I enter the security question the password reset email is sent to the blackberry id that I am trying to reset the password on,

This is very frustrating.

Does anyone have any advice? Please help me??

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Cels wrote:

Hi there!

I'm having a similar problem. I updated my bbm today, but I forgot my blackberry id password. I've been trying all day to reset it but every time I enter the security question the password reset email is sent to the blackberry id that I am trying to reset the password on,

This is very frustrating.

Does anyone have any advice? Please help me??

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Actually, the password reset is an email sent to the email account that is registered to that BB ID...it is not, as you say sent TO the BBID itself. Further, that particular email is, for security reasons, NOT delivered to the BB...hence, you must have separate access (e.g., WebMail) to that email account in order to retrieve and process it. Lastly, given what is going on with the BBM rollout, I've been reading of delays up to 2 hours to receive that password reset email.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Cels

The account which the password reset keeps gettig sent to is the same as my blackberry id. I don't have the password to that account. What do I do?
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Cels wrote:
The account which the password reset keeps gettig sent to is the same as my blackberry id. I don't have the password to that account. What do I do?

If, by that, you mean that you do not have your credentials for that email account, then you need to contact the administrator of that email account so as to sort out your credentials. Since you've given no hints as to where that account is (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, etc.), then I've no advice to give. If the email account is a hosted (e.g., @BB or @carrier) account, then you contact your mobile service provider (Bell, according to your profile here) as they manage that email account for you. If they do not provide any separate access to that email account (e.g., it can only be accessed from the BB), then you will need to also configure a forwarder onto that email account so that this password reset email can be retrieved by you from something other than the BB.

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Cels

The account the password keeps getting sent to is the same as my username (example@bell.blackberry.net) but I never made an email that was the same as my username. Or, if I did I do not still remember the password. I cannot get the password reset to send to any other email account.

Is there any advice you can give me?
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Once the BBID account is configured, you can only change the associated email account on it if you can log into the BB ID account...which you cannot do since you don't know your password. Since the email account you configured onto the BBID is not valid, you've set yourself up for a catch-22 situation...and only human intervention can resolve it.

If you contact Bell, you might be able to get them to configure for you that exact email address (and it must be exact). If so, then you also will need to put a forwarder on it

• KB28111 Unable to reset BlackBerry ID password when using a BlackBerry hosted email address

to forward the password reset email on to an account you can access from other than your BB. Then, you can generate another BBID password reset email, retrieve it (e.g., via WebMail from a PC/browser), and process it to reset the BB ID password, allow you access to the BB ID account, and you can then reconfigure it to a different (and valid) email address.

If you cannot get all of that done, then you have further choices to make.

1) If you do not require to retain any prior AppWorld records (e.g., prior purchases), then you should proceed to abandon your prior BB ID and replace with a new one...refer to this for how to accomplish that:

• KB26694 How to change the BlackBerry ID on a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet or BlackBerry smartphone

2) If you do require prior AppWorld records, then you need to ring up your provider again and request escalation up to RIM. Someone will have to manually do some things for you as none of the automated methods can work. If they can adequately identify you, then they may well unlock your existing BBID and reset it to a new email address for you. Or, they may ask you to go ahead and create a new BB ID, but they will manually migrate your prior AW purchase records. But, again, this requires human intervention at RIM, and you can only receive that via escalation from your provider.

BB ID, AppWorld, and most things related to BBs are the most secure available...but a key component of security is the human element. When that fails, the automated recovery methods sometimes just are not good enough...such is the case for you now.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.