Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Cels
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Blackberry ID password reset not working

[ Edited ]

I spent one and a half hours being shuffled back-and-forth between my phone company and Blackberry Technical Support.

The outcome is that they are having "an outside blackberry team" create a new email on my phone to configure with my blackberry id so that I can access this account. This can take up to 48 hours.

Overall, I am NOT pleased and I am seriously rethinking my commitment to Blackberry.

Thank you for all of your helpful advice! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Cels
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Bell

I spent one and a half hours being shuffled back-and-forth between my phone company and Blackberry Technical Support.

The outcome is that they are having "an outside blackberry team" create a new email on my phone to configure with my blackberry id so that I can access this account. This can take up to 48 hours.

Overall, I am NOT pleased and I am seriously rethinking my commitment to Blackberry.

Thank you for all of your helpful advice! :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

You are welcome...but...

If I were in your place, I would be supremely pleased with that outcome! They have decided to grant you something rather special, even though it is your human error that is the root cause of all of your issues. Most times in life, when we make a human error, we must suffer the consequences...for you, they are doing something to help you, yet you do not appear to be grateful to them one little bit. That is a pity.

Good luck.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
GDrivs67
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9320
My Carrier: TalkMobile

We eventually wiped the original Blackberry ID associated with my daughter's phone and created a new one. Thank you to everyone for all the advice we received on this problem.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

GDrivs67 wrote:

We eventually wiped the original Blackberry ID associated with my daughter's phone and created a new one. Thank you to everyone for all the advice we received on this problem.

Hi GDrivs67

Good to know that your problem has been resolved after wiping the device and yes that's the last option if all fails to recover the password .

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
fatny2002
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

Bad news folks.

I'm running into the same problem with my old 9650 Bold email set up. I needed to set up new email account and I forgot my PW and when I requested it, I get email from BB where the PW field is blank. I also tried through the website

https://vzw.blackberry.com/

where for sure I know my user ID and PW (it worked just a month earlier). This website didn't work, so I called VZ. I was told that BB is pulling the plug and they (VZ) don't have tools to reset PW anymore. They were still able to set up my new account, but the rep said there is only two people in the entire building who still have access to this tool. It took an hour on the phone to get it set up.

So, bad news here.

#1: if you have your PW for setting up email accounts, don't lose it!. You will not be able to reset it.

#2: sooner or later there will be no support for this system on the retail level. VZ rep stated that the last tool they have, which is the one they used to set up my new email, will probably be taken away by BB from them soon.

As much as I like the system and have been faithful BB user for many years, I'm switching to Samsung Galaxy in a couple of months. The reality is that BB on the retail level is going away, so we need to face the music and go with the flow, either Android or iPhone.

Please use plain text.