Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Matt2705
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Virgin

Blackberry ID password

I've got a new 9300 which I am trying to set up, but I've forgotten my Blackberry ID password,and I've noticed my email address is wrong, so I can't change the email address without the ID password, and I can't reset the password without the right email address...... Help?
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
mondi21
My Device: 9320/7.1.0.865 (B2428)

Re: Blackberry ID password

Hi! Welcome to the forums.

I'm sorry you're having issues with your BlackBerry ID.

Here is a work around I suggest, follow these KB:
http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?externalId=KB28684&sliceId=2&cmd=displayKC&d...

Good luck! :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Blackberry ID password

Matt2705 wrote:
I've got a new 9300 which I am trying to set up, but I've forgotten my Blackberry ID password,and I've noticed my email address is wrong, so I can't change the email address without the ID password, and I can't reset the password without the right email address...... Help?

Hi Matt2705

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

If the email or the username that you used for your BlackBerry ID is not valid then those password reset will not work . Now to resolve your issue you have to create a new BlackBerry ID with a valid Email or usename , first do a backup of your device using desktop software then follow this Knowledge Base to resolve your issue :

KB26694 : How to change the BlackBerry ID on a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet or BlackBerry smartphone

But .. please note while doing so you'll loose access to any of your paid apps that you bought from BlackBerry world .

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.