Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
chrisleekl
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: DiGi

Blackberry ID problem when changing sim card

[ Edited ]

Blackberry Curve 9360

OS7

I really hope someone can help me on this issue because I have performed security wipe for the 6th times now. I am literally fed up and I am 1 step away from throwing my bb out from my apartment.

I travel often to many countries and it is normal for people who travel often to have multiple sim card. Here is what happened.

1. Back at my home country, I turned the option for Data while roaming "ON" in case the internet access is needed to verify my BB ID at destination. Then I flew off.

2. Arrived. Changed SIM card. Blackberry ID screen pop up and that is the only blue screen I will see until the 10th attempt. I am very sure the id and password are 100% correct because I double checked it with my laptop. The blackberry website accepted my id and password. But my blackberry can't recognize it.

3. Security Swipe, reinvite all my contacts, redownload all the apps again. Felt like **bleep**. Wasted 2 hours.

I hope those 3 points are enough to explain the problem I am facing. Saw another posting by 18pcs which suggested these:

a. Wipe data everytime you change sim card (oohhh pleasseeeeee)
b. Don't insert email password to Apps World (but how to download apps if i don't insert them into Apps World)

c. Suggested by some other people on the same posting: Do Emergency Call to get temporary reception and key in id and password

Can someone please get me out from the misery?
The hopeless Blackberry technical support team (if there is any) is hiding somewhere and dare not step up to solve this issue cause I think many people out there are suffering from the same issue.
Has someone found a way to get around it?

Pleasssssseeeeeeeeee help ME!
Thank you very much in advance.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
VIGCURVE
My Device: CURVE 3G 9300
My Carrier: Bharti Airtel

Re: Blackberry ID problem when changing sim card

[ Edited ]

Can you access any webpage using the Device built in Browser?, if  not you need BIS.

Did you activate BIS - Blackberry Internet Services for that SIM card from the New carrier?

Computers  will use Regular Internet Access for websites, so definetely your ID will work on PC anywhere in the world

But,

You need BIS for Blackberry to access internet,if your on another country it is a must! Visit the carrier website and try to activate it. 

I suggest you dont take your Blackberry with you on your Next trip! .

If your a frequent Traveler I recommend you dont use Blackberry!

Switch over to Android or iPhone.

Blackberry needs stupid BlS for Internet.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
chrisleekl

Yes, I have already registered for BIS in this country. In fact, I have used it here before.
I can't access to the phone. The bb id verification page is all I see.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
chrisleekl

Dear all,

I have found a way around it this morning but it is not 100% solved. But it is definitely a great relieve to be able to go around it.

Solution: The emergency call method works! Here is how it works -
when the blue screen pop up asking you to key in the blackberry id and password, go to the bottom and choose emergency call. While doing so, you will be granted access to your phone.

After the emergency call disconnected, you are back to the blue screen. Then you click the blackberry menu beside the navigation pad. It will then show a "Close" option. Choose that and the prompting will then be off.

Cause of the problem: Apps - Blackberry protect.
Uninstall it if you can.

But right now I am still stuck, too afraid to attempt one more time because it is the 9th times already. It still couldn't recognise my blackberry id hence I can't login to apps world to uninstall it.

How can I go around it people?
Will really appreciate some help here.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

did you solve your issue chrisleekl ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
laziomh
My Device: Curve9360
My Carrier: Singtel/ChinaMobile

Chris, I tried your method but it doesn't work at all. I found another solutions by BBTorch9810user, it works perfectly!

"Make sure Data Services are set to 'ON' when roaming before you take out your AT&T SIM, 'ON' not PROMPT or OFF.

Then put your international SIM card in. Make sure you're in an area where you should have coverage (internet & phone), i.e. Outside a major airport or in the center of Paris, etc, and enter your password. Your Torch should be unlocked.

You do not need internet to be activated on that SIM card to make it work. I didn't have it activated on mine and it worked.

Hope this helps. Good luck! ....
Please use plain text.
cotedazur
My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: sfr

You are not alone, I had this problem twice in the same month. 

I called Blackberry customer support and told them what had happened. They said it is actually a common issue since BBIDs have been linked to SIM cards. 

First time I called, it took three hours, and lots of toing and froing to get it right. The BBID also worked from a PC.

Second time was this evening, bizarrely, the BBID did not work from a PC and the technical support member told me to reset my password via the BB website. Bizarrely, it worked.

Do NOT try all your attempts. Call BB and give them what for. If they ask you to pay a charge for technical support, simply refuse and explain what has happened. 

Worked for me, hope you already have it sorted.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dianap999
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: AT&T

Cotedazur --

How were you even able to get through to BB Technical Support?  I tried pressing "0" and I can't get through to anyone.

I am having this problem today....never happened with my previous BBs.  Is it possible to ask how you were able to resolve this?

Thank you for your help.

Please use plain text.
cotedazur
My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: sfr

(519) 888-7465

I called this number and followed the instructions for Customer/technical support. Good luck

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dianap999
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: AT&T

I had this same problem and here's how I got it to work after reading various board discussions.

Before I took my original SIM card out, I made sure that the wifi was on.  I then put in the new SIM card and it asked once again for my BBID and PW, I entered it and it worked.  I then turned off the wifi, shut down the phone and then powered it on again with only the data services on.  It asked again for the BBID and PW and I entered it again and was able to get it to work.

Good luck.

Please use plain text.