Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

adamhoop
My Device: Curve 9320

Blackberry ID

I have created and confirmed my Blackberry ID but when I try to log in on my phone I get the error message 'Enter your user name associated with this smartphone'. How do I check what that user name is or reset it? Thanks

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: Blackberry ID

Hi adamhoop

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Community Forums

Is that a new device and are you entering the Correct username associated it the BlackBerry ? Please follow this Knowledge Base Article regarding this issue : 

KB28429 : "Please enter the username associated with this smartphone" appears when logging into BlackBerry App World with a BlackBerry ID using a BlackBerry 7 smartphone.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
adamhoop
My Device: Curve 9320

Thanks Prince

This is very useful but I'm still having trouble. I still get the same error message. It could only be 1 of 2 email addresses but neither work as my Blackberry id. Is there any way I can find out what my blackberry ID is or create a new one for this phone without wiping the entire phone? Thanks

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Hi adamhoop

Sorry we cannot create a new  BlackBerry ID without wiping our device.All you can do is perform a Backup of your device and do a security wipe and create a new BlackBerry ID of your own. 

Prince

Please use plain text.