Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Mittens65
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300
My Carrier: Tesco

Blackberry ID

I have Blackberry Curve 9300 when the id was being set up some time ago the id was set up with my email address only where the full stop should be in the address the alt button was not pressed and so it registered the id with an m this has not been a problem until yesterday when I was upgrading bbm which is when I noticed the error as I cannot for the life of me remember the password originally used I have been through my list of those that I use all to no avail. If I click forgot password it sends to my correct email address but wont let me change it to the id registered it then tells me it has sent an email to the email address with the error which I do not have any access to and is not my email address. No matter what I try I cannot change the id and I am on attempt number 8 now. I cannot call the help line as you need a password which I do not have. Please please help as I really need the bbm with my children having Blackberry phones is there any help out there or suggestions of who I can contact to solve this problem the phone I bought myself and I have a monthly contract with Tesco for the Blackberry service etc' Many thanks
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Blackberry ID

Hi Mittens65

Welcome to Support Forums

There are a few way by which we can delete the original BlackBerry ID and then re-add the same on a device but for that we should have access to that BlackBerry ID or email address that has been used.In your case it seems you had an invaild Email address which you cannot accessor which never exist , Sorry but Only solutions I think available is to create a new valid BlackBerry ID. 

If you have the backup of your device then create a new ID and then restore your data from the backup.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Mittens65

thanks would I be best to go to a shop as I wouldnt know what to do if it locked me out as I have tried to crreate a new id but it keeps showing the incorrect email address even though I have changed it thanks
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi Mittens65

Where you created the new BlackBerry ID is it on your device ? Can you access your device menu ?  

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Mittens65

No I did it via my computer as I cannot change anything on my phone I physically change it but as I do not have the original password it keeps reverting back to the non existant email as my user name. what would happen if I use all my attempts to log in and the phone locks. how do I get it unlocked? Any clues as to how I can get this resolved??? Thanks
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi Mittens65

You have to do it on your device , first you had to wipe your device after that you can enter a new BlackBerry ID and password. Please go through this Knowledge Base and create a new BlackBerry ID associated with your device:

KB26694 : How to change the BlackBerry ID on a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet or BlackBerry smartphone.

Or you can do it using BlackBerry Desktop Software :

KB31291 : How to reset a BlackBerry smartphone to factory settings using BlackBerry Desktop Software.

After reset you can restore you backup .

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Mittens65

Hi Now totally frustrated I have followed the link and got my blackberry disc connected phone to computer gone to options>devices and nowhere on my phone is there any option to choose back up I have been on every symbol to check but all to no avail any clues as to where to go from here, Thanks
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi Mittens65

Do your Backup using BlackBerry Desktop Software, If you don't have then download and install the latest  from here :  BlackBerry desktop software . then do your backup. for further help check this Knowledge Base : 

KB12487 :  How  backup BlackBerry smartphone Data using BlackBerry desktop software for Windows.

After Backup wipe your device and create a new BlackBerry ID for your device , then again see this KB on how to restore data : 

KB10339How to use BlackBerry Desktop Software to restore data to a BlackBerry smartphone from a backup file.

Good Luck :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.