Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
millknowe
My Device: Curve 9320

Blackberry ID

I have a Blackberry Curve 9320 as does my wife. These phones are both through one account with Virgin Media. I set up my Blackberry ID which was ok but when my wife went to set up her ID it replaced mine. In other words we have to share a Blackberry ID which is very inconvenient. How do we set up individual IDs?
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: Blackberry ID

Hello millknowe

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

If you're having problem in having the same BlackBerry ID on both device then , first do a Backup of our wife device for help refer to this Article How To Backup Your BlackBerry . Once you have your Backup , go through this Knowledge Base and Create a new BlackBerry ID for your wife on BlackBerry ID website .

KB24062 How to create a BlackBerry ID

After Creating a New BlackBerry ID follow this Knowledege Base to Change or Update the BlackBerry ID in your wife Device :

KB28060How to change or update a BlackBerry ID username on the BlackBerry ID website

First try it and see if it allows you , if it fails then you have to perform a Security Wipe on any of your device in which you want to use a new BlackBerry ID. After a device wipe it will allow you to use a new BlackBerry ID that you created . To perform a Security wipe refer to this Knowledge Base :

KB14058 : How to delete all data and applications from the BlackBerry smartphone using the Security Wipe option

Try it and let us know.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
millknowe

Thank you for your response

I did this yesterday but I still have the same problem today

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

millknowe wrote:

Thank you for your response

I did this yesterday but I still have the same problem today

Hello millknowe

You did it ? Which steps have you followed ? 

Have you created a new BlackBerry ID for your wife , if you have then do a backup of your wife's device . Once you have your backup perform a security Wipe including all applications, emails etc. After a device wipe you can use the new BlackBerry ID username and password that you have created for your wife on her device.

please try it , it will work . 

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
millknowe

This is exactly what we did on Tuesday - but we still have only one Blackberry ID

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi millknowe

After a Security wipe , when it prompts to enter the BlackBerry ID username have you used the new Username that you created for the other device ? Or are you not allowed to use the new BlackBerry ID on it !

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
millknowe

I'm not allowed to use the new ID on it

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi millknowe

Generally a Security Wipe is enough to remove any associated email address from our device , but still if you're having problem then as a next step try this Knowledge Base to reset your wife's device , after that you may be allowed to add the new BlackBerry ID on that device :

KB31291 :  How to reset a BlackBerry smartphone to factory settings using BlackBerry Desktop Software.

I hope it will help.

Please use plain text.