Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
pyroliseme
My Device: Blackberry 9320
Accepted Solution

Blackberry Internet Service does not work due to suspected network issue

Service provider changed APN on cellular network from "internet" to "unrestricted" and since then, BIS does not work and the Host Routing Tables are empty. The APN was presumably changed back, but still no BIS. Changing the TCP/IP settings also had no affect. Service provider  now said that RIM has to fix things an the RIM server and have requested this, but there does not seem to be any progress and each time I call customer ervice, I have to explain the whole long story. Swopping the SIM with another phone with BIS works, so the phone itself is fine. Any suggestions on how to resolve this?

It has now been almost a month and there is simply zero progress towards resolving the problem. I was told that RIM would contact me directly, this has not happened. Should I just cancel BIS on this number and activate it on another?

This seems wasteful, but may be the only solution?

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Blackberry Internet Service does not work due to suspected network issue

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

This really is something only your carrier and/or BB can resolve...no one here has any access to anything to help. It is sad that your carrier has been so inept helping you, but they really are your only conduit for formal support on this issue.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
pyroliseme

Thanks for the response. Will be visiting an outlet today, maybe try to move the BIS contract to another number that we have, as the effort seems futile. They seem totally incapable of undoing what they have messed up! Their third promise to contact BB to check the BB server has also resulted in nothing, that is IF they took the trouble to do so at all. This is just plain sad!
New Contributor
pyroliseme

Hi All, the problem was sorted today by a bright person who found the APN was not set up correctly - after sooo! many technical support persons confirmed it was fine.  I guess it must have been like some spelling mistakes which are so obvious, one simply cannot find them. After more than a month I am just relievd and thankful!

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

I'm glad you got to someone who could resolve it. The APN is 100% controlled by each carrier, so indeed it is they who needed to resolve this for you...and fortunately they did.

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code