Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Visitor
YuukiChii
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520

Blackberry Internet Service: not connected

Hello,

My handset is a Blackberry Curve 8520, v4.6.1.314 (Platform 4.2.0.135)

I'm on a Virgin Media monthly plan of £10 per month (for 24 months) which includes 1 GB of Internet, but the following doesn't work:

>Yahoo! Messenger (it always says 'Service not enabled for this handheld')

>Windows Live! Messenger (it always says 'Service not enabled for this handheld')

>BBM (all my contacts are pending, and the people I've added said they never received an invite)

>Twitter

>Facebook

>It only goes to some certain websites and for others it comes up with things like problem occurred...

And when I tried to connect my phone with the BIS I went to 'Host Routing Table' and pressed 'register now' several times, and I have never received any reply or any messages. When I'm trying to set-up an e-mail for my phone it always comes up with only one option, which is using a work email account with a Blackberry Enterprise Server. 

Help would be much appreciated, because if there's no solution to this, I can try and see if I can swap with a new handset or cancel my contract (I've been using it since October 28 2010)

Retired
hmthepirate
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Blackberry Internet Service: not connected

Hello YuukiChii and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

It sounds like your BlackBerry provisioning hasn't been enabled yet by your network mobile provider.

The applications you are trying to use require a data plan and if the proper services are not enabled, they can't work.

Send me a private message with your BlackBerry PIN located under Options>Status and I can investigate further for you.

Thanks!

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

JDunsmore
My Device: Curve 8520

I have the same problem i'll send you my pin

New Contributor
inamohamad
My Device: bold 2 9700

I have the same problem i'll send you my pin
New Contributor
wsantana29
My Device: bold 9700

HI, I have the same problem.

My blackberry work fine with the wifi and the blackberry messenger.

But unexpected the black berry messenger doesn't work but the wifi still connected.

I have in other country and only have the public WIFI to connect and that save me the life because I use the wifi to connect to my contact troguth bb messenger. My brother have my same phone and the same phone company and work fine.

In all the internet signal my bb connect kool but the internet explorer, messenger.. nothing work but I see all connected without problem.

YuukiChii ha escrito:

Hello,

My handset is a Blackberry Curve 8520, v4.6.1.314 (Platform 4.2.0.135)

I'm on a Virgin Media monthly plan of £10 per month (for 24 months) which includes 1 GB of Internet, but the following doesn't work:

>Yahoo! Messenger (it always says 'Service not enabled for this handheld')

>Windows Live! Messenger (it always says 'Service not enabled for this handheld')

>BBM (all my contacts are pending, and the people I've added said they never received an invite)

>Twitter

>Facebook

>It only goes to some certain websites and for others it comes up with things like problem occurred...

And when I tried to connect my phone with the BIS I went to 'Host Routing Table' and pressed 'register now' several times, and I have never received any reply or any messages. When I'm trying to set-up an e-mail for my phone it always comes up with only one option, which is using a work email account with a Blackberry Enterprise Server. 

Help would be much appreciated, because if there's no solution to this, I can try and see if I can swap with a new handset or cancel my contract (I've been using it since October 28 2010)

Visitor
Sykesk
My Device: Curve 9300

I have exactly the same problem. Only had my phone for about 5 days. Blackberry messenger worked for the first 3 and now it does not. I cannot recieve emails either and it now says that i am not connected to the blackberry internet service anymore. Any ideas on what to do would be much appreciated!

New Contributor
katzz
My Device: curve 8520

:womansad:ubelievable but ive same problem  and its driving me crazzzzy

New Contributor
olawale78

New Contributor
olawale78

Please am havivg the same problem.....please help me out..
New Contributor
syerry90
My Device: 9700

can i sent my pin 2?? still valid ha this conversation?