Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
akhie1988
My Device: Black Berry Curve 8520

Re: Blackberry Internet Service: not connected

I need some help please,..I just got my new blackberry curve from my mobile provider here and they said that my BIS and data is already activated, my signal bar says all CAPS EDGE, but then only BBM works, no other apps like fb twitter or even browser works and when I look in services status Black Berry Internet Service says :connection not connected,

errors when I use FB and twitter : You are currently on a service plan that does not support this application please connect to a Wi-Fi network or contact your service provider to upgrade your data plan.

if I connect to the native browser always gives me This is a Wi-Fi service. Please ensure your device has an active Wi-Fi connection and try again.

I tried calling my post paid carrier and they said the data plan is activated since I have blackberry social as my package, I'm not really sure if there's something to do with the OS that I just updated its OS v5.0.0.1036 bundle 1682 BBM works I can call text please help me am gonna send you my PIN..

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

akhie1988 wrote:

I need some help please,..I just got my new blackberry curve from my mobile provider here and they said that my BIS and data is already activated, my signal bar says all CAPS EDGE, but then only BBM works, no other apps like fb twitter or even browser works and when I look in services status Black Berry Internet Service says :connection not connected,

errors when I use FB and twitter : You are currently on a service plan that does not support this application please connect to a Wi-Fi network or contact your service provider to upgrade your data plan.

if I connect to the native browser always gives me This is a Wi-Fi service. Please ensure your device has an active Wi-Fi connection and try again.

I tried calling my post paid carrier and they said the data plan is activated since I have blackberry social as my package, I'm not really sure if there's something to do with the OS that I just updated its OS v5.0.0.1036 bundle 1682 BBM works I can call text please help me am gonna send you my PIN..

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

To use the proprietary BB services (including Push email capability, BBM, etc.), you must have an adequate data plan from your carrier. The carriers host BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service) for their BB users. Typically, BIS is not available via generic data plans. Many carriers call what is necessary The Blackberry Data Plan. Whatever they call it, it is the carrier who delivers BIS to their BB users -- contact them for assistance. Once you have a Push-email enabled BIS-capable data plan on your BB (at whatever fees your carrier will charge, btw), your BB-proprietary services will function (e.g., you will have Personal Email added to the email setup wizard, your BBM will function, etc).

But, with hundreds of carriers in the world, each with dozens of different data plans, it's impossible to tell you specifically what any service plan might actually provide. Only the carriers can answer that question. The best thing to do is to decide what services you desire, and then talk to your carrier about obtaining (from them) a data plan that enables what you desire.

And, this time, don't let them fob you off...you see, you PAY them every month for 100% of your services and 100% of your formal support...right now, they seem to be delivering neither one. Further, you have no free method to seek any formal support direct from RIM...rather, your carrier has the ability to escalate cases that they cannot resolve up to RIM, at no fee to the end user. So, ring them back up, get them to commit to exactly the services you are paying for, then don't let them fob you off until they actually start delivering those services to you.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
akhie1988
My Device: Black Berry Curve 8520

so you think there nothing wrong with the phone right? under service book it says

provisioning

black berry maps

wap push 

mms client

suncellular mms

wifi tcp ip browser

wifi tcp ip transport

blackberry identity

do i need to send my PIN, I really don't know what to do I'm paying them and I think it's false advertisement they said fb twitter browser will work with the blackberry social plan but it aint working and oh thanks for your reply.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

akhie1988 wrote:

so you think there nothing wrong with the phone right?

I have no way to know anything 100%. Only your carrier can know what is correct for your services from them.

akhie1988 wrote:

do i need to send my PIN

What would I do with that? I don't work for RIM or your carrier...so I have no "back channel" access to anything at all. Do you maybe think that by participating on this site you are talking to formal support from somewhere? Because, if you think that, you are I'm afraid incorrect...read my auto-sig...

akhie1988 wrote:

I really don't know what to do I'm paying them and I think it's false advertisement they said fb twitter browser will work with the blackberry social plan but it aint working and oh thanks for your reply.

As I said, you need to ring them up but insist that they honor your contract with them for BOTH services and formal support. Don't let them fob you off...you pay them...insist that they either deliver or refund your money.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
ashishchmpsss
My Device: 8520

i face many problem some third party software not work properly like youtube video streaming . there is error of ""cannot connect to the server "" 

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

ashishchmpsss wrote:

i face many problem some third party software not work properly like youtube video streaming . there is error of ""cannot connect to the server "" 

So, have you scrolled up and read what is already posted in this thread? Perhaps something there can help you.

Have you searched out other threads on this site that might also have a solution for you? This site grows as a knowledge base, allowing you to seek out answers...which is much quicker than asking and waiting for a kind volunteer to answer.

So, after you do the above and if it does not reveal an answer for you, start with the basics:

1) What is the status of BlackBerry Internet Service on your Manage Connections > Services Status screen?

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
ashishchmpsss
My Device: 8520

Blackberry internet service
Connection: Mobile Network
Blackberry enterprise server
Connection: not connected
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

So, you decided to skip over the things I asked that you try first (do some research first)? You realize what that means, I hope -- it means that you are asking me, a volunteer here, to, special for you, re-do work that I or other kind volunteers have already done for others. I should think that the best initial investment of your time would be to do that research for yourself first...and then, if nothing useful to your specific situation arises, ask for more help, and detail out everything you've already attempted and the results of all of that...

Nevertheless...I suggest the following steps, in order, even if they seem redundant to what you have already tried (steps 1 and 2 each should result in a message coming to your BB...please wait for that before proceeding to the next step):

1) Register HRT

• KB00510 How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network
  • Please wait for one "registration" message to arrive to your Messages app

2) Delete and Resend Service Books

• KB05000Delete the service book for the BlackBerry Internet Service email account from the BlackBerry smartphone
  • If you have no CMIME entry, then skip the deletion
  • KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service
  • Please wait for "Activation" Messages, one per already configured email account, to arrive in your Messages. If you have no already configured email accounts, please wait 1 hour.

3) Batt Pull Reboot

• Anytime random strange behavior or sluggishness creeps in, the first thing to do is a battery pop reboot. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Hopefully that will get things going again for you! If not, then you should contact your mobile service provider for formal support.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Yulia2010
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9320

Hello, 

Can you please help. I have no Internet connection on my Blackberry at all - tries to set up a connection but failes. It's a Blackberry Curve 9320 on Pay as You Go plan. 

Any help much appreciated. Many thanks. 

Yulia

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Yulia2010 wrote:

Hello, 

Can you please help. I have no Internet connection on my Blackberry at all - tries to set up a connection but failes. It's a Blackberry Curve 9320 on Pay as You Go plan. 

Any help much appreciated. Many thanks. 

Yulia

The steps in the post just above yours would be the thing for you to try. If those do not work, then you need to talk to your mobile network operator about obtaining, from them, an adequate data plan to enable the services you desire.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates