Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
jeremiamkhwanazi
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520

Re: Blackberry Internet Service: not connected

[ Edited ]

Hello I have a Blackberry 8520 curve,and i already have an Email but whenever i try to set it on my handset

i am sked for Enterprise Activation password ,Server Address is pop3, Removed personal information to comply withCommunity GuidelinesandTerms and Conditions of Usecan you please send me an Activation password

mkhwanazi
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

jeremiamkhwanazi wrote:

Hello I have a Blackberry 8520 curve,and i already have an Email but whenever i try to set it on my handset

i am sked for Enterprise Activation password ,Server Address is pop3, Pin is xxxxxxx can you please send me an Activation password

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

If you are a BES Email user, you obtain your BES credentials from your BES admin, and that person is not likely one of the volunteers here on this user-to-user community. Rather, it is whoever manages your BES email system for you.

If you are not a BES user, then anything to do with "Enterprise" is not appropriate for you, and you should not be accessing the things that are for BES. But, from what you've said, I cannot tell how it is asking you for such a password...normally, that would be the result of you navigating to a screen to receive that prompt...in which case you simply should not be navigating there as it does not apply to you.

In any event, please clarify your situation, and talk to your BES email admin for assistance if you are indeed on BES. If you are not on BES, please clarify exactly how this prompt is appearing, and exactly what it says.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
jeremiamkhwanazi

Hi here is how it happen ,I go to Email setup and it says Iwant to use a work email account with BlackBerry Enterprise Server and I click next and the question appears saying Has your BlackBerry provided you with an Enterprise Activation password? and i say no,then it says Contact your system administrator to find out whether an Enterprise Activation password will be prvided,or if you need to install the BlcakBerry Desktop Software, can you help me please because this is rearly what i need.

mkhwanazi
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

No, that is not what you need. Not at all. As I said, unless you are on corporate/BES, you should not be selecting anything to do with Enterprise at all. Rather, since you are trying to integrate a POP3 account, you need more services from your mobile service provider (MTN, according to your profile here).

To use the proprietary BB services (including Push email capability, BBM, etc.), you must have an adequate data plan from your provider/carrier. The carriers host BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service) for their BB users. Typically, BIS is not available via generic data plans. Many carriers call what is necessary The Blackberry Data Plan. Whatever they call it, it is the carrier who delivers BIS to their BB users -- contact them for assistance. Once you have a Push-email enabled BIS-capable data plan on your BB (at whatever fees your carrier will charge, BTW), your BB-proprietary services will function (e.g., you will have Personal/Internet Email added to the email setup wizard, your BBM will function, etc).

With hundreds of carriers in the world, each with dozens of different data plans, it's impossible to tell you specifically what any service plan might actually provide. Only the carriers can answer that question. The best thing to do is to decide what services you desire, and then talk to your carrier about obtaining (from them) a data plan that enables what you desire.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
mauricemaitre
My Device: curve 9230

[ Edited ]

hello my name is maurice and am usining blackberry curve 9320 and its really pass as you go,they have already take the 5 pounds credit on it and itseems i have the blackberry sign indicating but but the bbm is still not working ..thanks

New Contributor
aoife

Hi

i'm having the exact same problem ... I had a blackberry curve 8520 before and I recently got a new blackberry and my bbm is not working as it says I have to set up a BIS  ... I'm on O2 and my phone is pre-paid

please help

Thanks

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

aoife wrote:

Hi

i'm having the exact same problem ... I had a blackberry curve 8520 before and I recently got a new blackberry and my bbm is not working as it says I have to set up a BIS  ... I'm on O2 and my phone is pre-paid

please help

Thanks

All services are delivered by the wireless provider -- so, in your case, you need to ring up O2.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
aoife

Ok Thank you :smileyhappy:

New Contributor
Sophia_Nicolajsen
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780

Hi,

I've recently just switched to a Blackberry Bold 9780, it was my dad's old phone and his email account is on there. However, I would like to delete this and add my own hotmail account. When I try to do this the Blackberry Internet Service doesn't connect....

Could someone help me work out the problem? 

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Sophia_Nicolajsen wrote:

Hi,

I've recently just switched to a Blackberry Bold 9780, it was my dad's old phone and his email account is on there. However, I would like to delete this and add my own hotmail account. When I try to do this the Blackberry Internet Service doesn't connect....

Could someone help me work out the problem? 

Refer:

• KB05099 Steps to take before selling or after buying a previously owned BlackBerry smartphone

You need to carefully conduct ALL of the steps, both SELLER and BUYER, in that KB. Those steps will properly remove all traces of your dad's accounts and configurations from the BB, as well as all associations to his BIS services. Once complete, you should be able to obtain your own BIS services from your carrier (assuming your carrier fully supports your specific BB model for automatic registration and Service Book delivery) and proceed.

Good luck and let us know!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates