Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

AliceRPhillips
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Orange

Blackberry Internet on PayAsYouGo

Basically, i am on Pay as you go with Orange and my blackberry internet has stopped working!

I set it up and paid the £5 i usually do when i want my internet set up. I did this yesterday, i got the varification email/text to say it was set up and i was able to send and recieve bbm's and use my internet whilst not connected to WiFi. 

But for some reason it has stopped working this morning? and i cant call up orange because the account is in my dads name, so they wont tell me anything. And i dont live with my dad.

btw, i have a Blackberry Curve 9300.

Anyone have any ideas?

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
f0xx386
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: MTN - SOUTH AFRICA

Re: Blackberry Internet on PayAsYouGo

Hello Alice

On your homescreen click on the "spanner" icon, that's your options icon.

Now type "host"......host routing table should be appear onscreen. Click on that and see if anything is there.

On mine it shows something like :
GPRS ZA....
Wifi .......

If its blank it means your service have not come through this will cause none of your BBM, emails and browsing to work.

To fix this : click on your menu key while in host routing table and click "register'.

Once its says " registration message sent" exit from host table and remove your battery and replace it. Also if your batter is very low by some weird chance, remove the battery and connect your charger and now replace the battery.

This will ensure the battery boots up the phone fine. When your is up and running your service books should have now been pushed to your phone.

Check the host routing table to see if your networks bis connection has been established.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mindspace
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Orange UK/EE

[ Edited ]

Hi Alice

I also have a Blackberry on Orange PAYG and this regularly happens to me.

I would agree with the comments above but for me, it sometimes still doesn't work and if I look at services status it shows that I have a BIS connection and I even recieve the registration messages but still no email. I normally have to call Orange on 450 and get them to re-apply BIS to my account.

If the account is in your dads name you can ask him to either add you to the account so that you can talk them too or change it into your name so that you can do the same.

-------------------------------------
If my post is useful to you, please click 'LIKE'
If my post solves your issue, please click 'Accept as Solution'
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
f0xx386
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: MTN - SOUTH AFRICA

True, mindspace, does have a point, networks sometimes have a crash on their side or if network traffic is heavy, push over of service books on a pay as you go is lethargic.
Please use plain text.