Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

My Device: Blackberry Curve 3G
My Carrier: Giffgaff

Blackberry Internet services not functioning over a WiFi network

Hello BB users, 

I have been using a certain Wifi network at my work place to use the BIS and recently the BIS stopped working without any reason.  I am able to connect to wifi successfully and browse the normal internet throught the browser, but the BIS doesn't seem to work.  When I did some reading online, I read that the Blackberry infrastructure has to be accepted by the wifi conenction.  In my mobile there is only a red cross against it.  I don't know how to go about solving this.  

It'll be great if you can help me regarding this.

Shown below is the WIfi Diagnostics report - 

Wi-Fi
Current Profile: eduroam
SSID: eduroam
AP MAC Address: 00:26:0B:C3:CF:10
Security Type: PEAP
Association: Successful
Authentication: Successful
Local IP Address: 144.82.182.153
Signal Level: -40 dBm
Connection Data Rate: 54 Mbps
Authentication Failure Reason:  
Network Type: 802.11b/g
Network Channel: 11
Pairwise Cipher: CCMP
Group Cipher: TKIP
Gateway Address: 144.82.191.254
DHCP: Successful
Primary DNS: 144.82.100.41
Secondary DNS: 144.82.100.1
DNS suffix:  eduroam.ucl.ac.uk
Subnet Mask: 255.255.224.0
Server Domain Suffix:  
Certificate:  
Software Token:  
Hotspot Code:  
Hotspot Message:  Not Applicable
Hotspot Status:  Not Applicable

VPN
Current Profile:  
Concentrator Address:  
Authentication: N/A
Secure Device IP:  
Resolving Concentrator: N/A
Concentrator IP:  
Primary DNS:  
Secondary DNS:  
DNS Suffix:  
Secure Subnet Mask:  
Retry at:  
Session Lifetime:  
Re-login at:  
Failed Login Attempts: 0
Certificate:  
Software Token:  

BlackBerry Infrastructure
Address Used:  
IP Used:  
Connecting: Error
Authenticating router: N/A
Authenticating server: N/A
Last Contact At: 
Certificate status:  

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Blackberry Internet services not functioning over a WiFi network

I have also had the same problem since I upgraded my Bold 9900 to the 7.1 OS.  My device has no problems identifying the presence of the wifi network but does not connect to open networks and, with my home wifi, I have deleted the network and selected it again to prompt for the password entry.  The wifi appears on the list of saved networks but downloads still apear to be using the available radio signal.  Since the 7.1 download I have experienced a host of problems:
-lost all contacts

-lost the Enterprise e-mail account for work e-mail but kept the Yahoo and bb accounts

-lost music until wireless synch recreated all (?) items but kept items like videos stored on memory card

-lost ability to download picture/video attachments from facebook/twitter, repeatedy get the "can not find requested server" message despite the fact that the thumbnail is present on the screen and I have an unlimited data plan with AT&T

The download to 7.1 wasn't smooth.  During the process the device backup froze and the DM alerted that a new version of DM needed to be downloaded which I did.  Following a pc restart the download for 7.1 needed to be restarted several times and several battery pulls were peformed to allow things to finish.

Any ideas or help you can offer to help restore full functionality and, if possible, the missing contact list and Enterprise account would be greatly appreciate.