Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
mosuewing1
My Device: 9380

Blackberry Maps on 9380 not working, after uninstall, cannot re-install again

Bought 2nd hand 9380.  Because I need the GPS for my works, I bought the 2nd hand 9380, instead of having one cell phone, and one GPS.  However, after I bought it last week, I tried to get the maps function works.  No matter how I tried, the icon is missing on the device, but it was on the application managament.  I goolge some solution, and I followed one of them to un-install it, and install it again. 

The new problems occurred, and I follow the link from blackberry web that to install in on the phone.  The Notice message shown on the screen on my 9380 saying, "Sorry, your device does not meet the system requirements that are nneded to support Blackberry Maps.".  Then I tried to download it from IE, but error message again, "Unable to create the loader Active X Control Please review your security settings and user priviledges on this machine."

I cannot install Blackberry Maps, please help!!

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: Blackberry Maps on 9380 not working, after uninstall, cannot re-install again

mosuewing1 wrote:

The new problems occurred, and I follow the link from blackberry web that to install in on the phone.  The Notice message shown on the screen on my 9380 saying, "Sorry, your device does not meet the system requirements that are nneded to support Blackberry Maps.".  Then I tried to download it from IE, but error message again, "Unable to create the loader Active X Control Please review your security settings and user priviledges on this machine."

Hi mosuewing1

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Sounds like your new device which is an used device has an IT policy on it , So please do a backup of your device then follow this Knowledge Base article :

KB31291 :  How to reset a BlackBerry smartphone to factory settings using BlackBerry Desktop Software

Then restore from your backup , you can download BlackBerry maps then here's the link BlackBerry Maps.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mosuewing1
My Device: 9380

Re: Blackberry Maps on 9380 not working, after uninstall, cannot re-install again

Hello,

After reset, same message on device occurs "Sorry, your device does not meet the system requirements that are nneded to support Blackberry Maps."

Can anyone help, please?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Hi mosuewing1

Also Have you Activated BIS on your account from your carrier Mobilicity ?

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
BlackMambazo
My Device: curve 9300 3G

Hope this will still come handy. The maps for download seems to be for os10. I updated my phone to latest os and then the maps option appeared in the desktop manager option to install programs
Please use plain text.