Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Regular Contributor
mcmangq
My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry Messenger

I installed the newest BBM today and don't like it as much as the old one.. How can I get the other version back?

thanks

Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Blackberry Messenger

Which version did you install? 5.0? The earlier versions came installed on the deivce. If you want to reinstall the earlier version you would have to download and install the handheld software for your device. When going through the Application Loader you can choose to install the BlackBerry Messenger.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
mcmangq

Thanks.

I'm trying to get used to it.

On the bbm contacts screen if i press the menu button it gives me an option to "show in home screen" or "remove from home screen"

What does that option do?

thanks

Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80

I never even used that function.   :smileyhappy:

I would've though it would show an icon for the contact on the home screen. No matter which option I chose I didn't see a difference.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kellymaxey

I haven't seen this issue posted anywhere.....I have an 8900, downloaded bbm 5.0 and it works great except for this issue....I really like to "set an alert" for a contact that is unavailable or busy so I'm aware that they have now read my message and ready to interact. It takes up to 30 min sometimes to show unreachable (if on a flight per say and I know they just took off) and when I can finally "set alert" it will set but will not notify me even though they have started sending me messeges again and I can't clear the alert at that time, the contact stays dimmed and the alert symbol will not come off. I had to back up and restore contacts from my media card which was of course simple to do but it wipes out ALL conversations with all contacts upon restore. Anyone else experiencing this or have a fix?

In addition to my above issue, I noticed that it doesn't even give you an option to set an alert if the contact is just "busy", the older version allowed my to do so if the D was there and the contact hadn't looked at the message for a few min.....it would alert me as soon as they read it. All my friends and I LOVE this feature so I sure hope RIM is working on that fix!!!!!!
Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80

mcmangq wrote:

Thanks.

I'm trying to get used to it.

On the bbm contacts screen if i press the menu button it gives me an option to "show in home screen" or "remove from home screen"

What does that option do?

thanks

I was looking in different menus on my device today and found where it placed the contact. Instead of going onto my home screen it placed the contact into my Applications folder. So in clicking into it I was brought into the conversation screen with that person where I could just start talking to them. So as I thought before, it acts like a shortcut to that person, so you don't have to open Messenger to get to that person. If you look in your Applications folder, do you find the person's Messenger icon? Maybe it's a bug that it doesn't go to the home screen.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kellymaxey

Ok, I see over 200 people have read my bbm issue with the "set alert" problem but not one response.....am I the only one that uses or cares aout this function!?
Please use plain text.
naya2102

do you know the direct link to download 5.0?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
turner78
My Device: Curve 8330
My Carrier: Pioneer Enid Cellular

[ Edited ]

I am having the same problem, but worse. My contacts NEVER go to an unavailable status (even an hour after a delivered message and on ver 4.5 they would be unavailable a few minutes after the delivery of an unread message). I am running OS v4.5.0.186 and BBM 5.0.0.57 as that is the newest for my device (Curve 8330) any suggestions would be appreciated. Its driving me nuts!

Please use plain text.
lmanetta
My Device: curve 8300
My Carrier: at&t

I am absolutely livid about not having "set alert" anymore and am trying to go back to the older version of bbm.  Please let me know if you found a solution yet.  Also, did you notice if you send a pic and the the contact doesn't open it within a day, it expires?  Very annoying!

Please use plain text.