Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
AZUbius
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Mascom Botswana

Blackberry OS 6/App World issue making Curve 9300 look like Windows NT

For the past couple of days I've been experiencing this incredibly frustrating phenomenon on my Curve 9300. until two days ago, it's been functioning just fine, but the other day I pull it out of my pocket and the OS appears to have no theme applied to it at all. It looks as if the OS has reverted to some kind of rudementary "Windows NT-esque" dev mode.

I was able to rectify the issue after wracking my brain for day by updating the OS (from 6.0.0.448 to 6.0.0.723) using the App Loader method, but as soon as I updated BBM and restated the device, the malfunction reoccurred. The second time round I tried to work around the issue by not updating BBM, but it appears that simply opening the App World and updating any app replicates the issue. This is curious because it happed pre and post update, so we can suppose it's not a matter of a buggy OS version.

It's really frustrating because the device is pretty much unusable. i can recieve calls and use most apps, but navigation is an issue because you can't see which icon is selected at any given time, and most native applications have the exact same icon anyway. I can't access the "Options" menu from the homescreen, and all other things I've tried have fallen flat.

Does anyone have any idea what the heck is going on? Issue with Blackberry App world?.. something else?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
AZUbius

Re: Blackberry OS 6/App World issue making Curve 9300 look like Windows NT

And for some reason, i can't access my phonebook either!
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
Wolf359
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

I think its time for a software reload from scratch.

Download and install the latest software for your phone from

http://us.blackberry.com/support/apps-and-software/desktop-and-device-download-sites.html

and use bbsag to reinstall it.  here is the link and guide.

http://bbsak.org/faq.php

Hi, thanks a lot for the suggestions. I thought for a second there that it had worked and that all was well, but alas after wiping the device and installing a fresh OS, this morning i have the same malfunction reoccurring. I think i have it pegged now though.

The Blackberry App World said it needed an update, and after doing that it needed a reset. After said reset my 9300 woke up looking like NT again. I belive the issue must with the latest version of the App World. A reset after installing it seems to be the cause of my woes here.

Has anyone else had a similar App World issue? I still need a solid resolution here! - Am I supposed to avoid the App World upgrade until the folks in Waterloo come out with another update?!

Please use plain text.