Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: Orange

Blackberry Password Reset???

I dropped my phone in a puddle yesterday, and 4 of the keys stopped working! I need to reset my password because i cannot get into it, without one of these keys! is the anyway to reset the password, if i know it? I need the phone ASAP!!!

Thanks!!!

Hall of Famer II
My Device: PRIV (5.1.1), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Blackberry Password Reset???

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

To start, ignore your password...rather

REMOVE YOUR BB BATTERY NOW!!!

Run, don't walk, to this FAQ:

Do everything it says, including waiting the maximum recommended time (perhaps longer...perhaps 5 days). Applying power to your BB between it getting wet and doing this process reduces the chances of success. Further, the only thing predictable about moisture intrusion into a BB (indeed, any electronic device) is that the results will be unpredictable. I've seen some come back up right away and be fine. I've seen others never work at all. I've seen still others run for a bit, and then die later. And every thing in between.

Only after this is complete should try anything at all with your BB.

As for your password, only the user-created password can unlock the BB. There is no "master" nor "backdoor" password, for BBs are the most secure mobile devices available, and having such a thing would violate that security. Rather, full and regular backups are the best tool for the end user to ensure that their priceless data is protected from such problems.

Good luck!

Get your 15% discount at ShopBlackBerry.com! Click Here for details.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: Orange

The bb seems to be working fine, but i need to reset or remove the password.
Hall of Famer II
My Device: PRIV (5.1.1), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

IeuanG wrote:
The bb seems to be working fine

Then continue at your own risk. Moisture intrusion is a progressive issue...corrosion begins, and may cause no ill effects. But, as the corrosion continues, bad things can begin to happen. Besides, it's not "working fine", is it? If it were, then those keys would not be malfunctioning, would they? Or perhaps I do not understand.

IeuanG wrote:
but i need to reset or remove the password.

As I said above...that is not possible.

Get your 15% discount at ShopBlackBerry.com! Click Here for details.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.