Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Pantherpride
My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry Pin Code

My cousin had a curve.  He ended up being killed in a car accident a couple months back, and I wanted to see if I could find a way to unlock the phone.  There are a lot of pictures on there that I want to keep to remember him and his family.  His daughter is almost 2 now and I want her to have pictures of her daddy when she gets older so she can see him and the kind of man that he was.  His wife didn't know his pin to unlock the phone in the beginning and I haven't a clue.  Is there anyways to unlock the phone or at least get the pictures and videos off of it.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Bolder
My Device: 8320, 8120

Re: Blackberry Pin Code

Hi Pantherpride

I am sorry to hear about your cousin, how sad it must be for his young family.

There is no way to circumvent the password requirement for the BlackBerry and after trying incorrectly 10 times (or less depending on the settings of the device) all the data will be wiped from the device.  It is possible that he had a media card in the BlackBerry.  If that is the case most likely he had the videos and pictures saved to media card.  You can get media card readers for a pc so it would be just a matter of removing the media card from the BlackBerry and transferring the data to a pc using a card reader.

I hope this helps.

Please use plain text.