Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
eaperla
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: btc

Blackberry Protect & 'Enterprise'

[ Edited ]

I installed Blackberry Protect; unfortunately it does not run as it states that an 'Enterprise Server' is running.

Similarly when I installed 'WHatsApp' an 'internal firewall' was preventing it to run.

I was told that I needed to perform a low level formatting more than a 'wipe' of the unit

How do I perform a low level Format?

Thank you

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jamead1981
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE (Orange)

Re: Blackberry Protect & 'Enterprise'

Is this a personal device or one provided by work?

If it's a personal device, it sounds as though there is an IT Policy present on the device, you can follow the below guide to remove the IT policy. 

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do;jsessionid=611C204D5DE54C331E847A87625CF272?...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
eaperla
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: btc

Re: Blackberry Protect & 'Enterprise'

Thanks for your reply

This device is now personal, but it was a corporate one.

Bottom line: I used a 'Reset to Factory' (Knowledge Base 18998 - http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?externalId=KB18998&sliceId=2&cmd=displayKC&d... as I could not locate the 'Blackberry Manager'

For this process, through DOS (yes I am an old timer) or Command prompt, the "(x86)" is not necessarily existent, and it would be important to forewarn the 'average' user that this process takes around 20 minutes, to then do a restore from the standard Desktop SW, and then finish setting the device as it is was a new one (entire process 40 minutes).

Doing this all, both the Blackberry protect and Whatsapp worked fine

Thank you

Please use plain text.