Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Blackberry USB Drivers for Windows 7

I'm having trouble getting the drivers installed for my Blackberry on Windows 7. Windows recognizes it as a blackberry and I can access it for storage, but not through Desktop Manager. When I try reinstalling or updating the drivers I get the following message:

What do I need to do to get the drivers installed?

I'm running:

Desktop Manager 5.0.0.11

Blackberry Curve 8330

Windows 7 Enterprise (Licensed release, not prerelease or beta)

New Contributor

Re: Blackberry USB Drivers for Windows 7

A reboot fixed it.
Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

beef623 wrote:
A reboot fixed it.

LOL! The universal first-attempt fix for all computing devices, including BB's btw! Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code

Synching Blackberry when Windows 7

I can't get my blackberry 8330 to synch with my new laptop running Windows 7.  I'm running the latest DM software and have reinstalled it a few times.  DM recognizes the phone and notes it on the bottom left, but the DM is greyed out and doesn't allow me to synch.

Any suggestions out there?  I'm pulling me hair out over this

Contributor

I was having a similar issue where Desktop Manager couldn't find anything to sync to ( I have Outlook installed) and tried the old reboot trick and that fixed the problem. A reboot can and does work wonders sometimes. :smileyvery-happy:

My Device: blackberry pearl

thanx
New Contributor
My Device: 8530 v5.0.0.782
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Synching Blackberry when Windows 7

I had the same problem. Plug the cord into any of my USB's, and the computer recognizes the sd card, recognizes the blackberry is there, but the DM does not recognize it.

Curious thing was I am also running a laptop, and NO problem.

Just by accident however I plugged the cord into a USB hub, which in turn was plugged into one of the USB slots. AND .... IT WORKED!!! I tried subsequent experiments, - plugging the cord directly into the same usb as the USB hub was plugged into, and it would not recognize it. Go through the USB hub - and it works like a charm.

Go figger = but it would be appreciated if the people at blackberry could figure out why this should be, and beter - what to do so the cord can be plugged directly in.

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Burnswattie wrote:

I had the same problem. Plug the cord into any of my USB's, and the computer recognizes the sd card, recognizes the blackberry is there, but the DM does not recognize it.

Curious thing was I am also running a laptop, and NO problem.

Just by accident however I plugged the cord into a USB hub, which in turn was plugged into one of the USB slots. AND .... IT WORKED!!! I tried subsequent experiments, - plugging the cord directly into the same usb as the USB hub was plugged into, and it would not recognize it. Go through the USB hub - and it works like a charm.

Go figger = but it would be appreciated if the people at blackberry could figure out why this should be, and beter - what to do so the cord can be plugged directly in.

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

That is actually 100% contradictory to what we understand to be the proper connection methodology. Using a USB hub is highly discouraged and most often does not work. Why it works in your case is unknown. Why you cannot connect directly is further challenging. Here are some tips:...hopefully something will be useful:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Desktop-Software/Tips-for-getting-BlackBerry-Deskt...
KB02640 Troubleshooting USB connections
KB15486 Top 10 BlackBerry smartphone and BlackBerry Desktop Manager troubleshooting tips
KB11439 BlackBerry Desktop Software does not detect the BlackBerry smartphone when it is connected
KB00019 No PIN displayed in BlackBerry Desktop Redirector
KB10938 "USB charging current is insufficient" appears on the BlackBerry smartphone
KB01451 How to turn on advanced synchronization logging if a wired synchronization fails
KB19717 The BlackBerry smartphone is not detected as a USB Mass Storage Device when connected to a computer
KB16310 Media Transfer Protocol and the BlackBerry Storm smartphone
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Desktop-Software/Desktop-Manager-quot-disconnected...

Also, check that you are using only root USB ports...no hubs (sometimes the front-side ports are hubs...use a rear USB port). And make sure to try disabling USB power management in your system configuration (Device Manager).

Apologies in advance if this is redundant -- there's no way to be sure if you've already seen and tried these.

Hopefully something there is helpful!

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

I definitely agree with you - this would have been the last idea for a solution.

However that all said, I am so delighted it now works - so i will keep the ideas, but probably still keep it the way it actually works.

I did wonder if there was something in the way the hub and the cord are wired.

New Contributor

I am likewise puzzled by why it works if it goes through a USB hub. I wonder if this may be part of the reason: The device is read on the laptop which is a USB1.0. The USB hub that it works on is likewise a USB1.0. The USB hubs on the desktop computer (which the blackberry device manager does NOT pick up) are USB 2.0.

I have also realized that the issue is not with the desktop manager, but with the blackberry device manager. Could it be possible that the device manager is built only to read USB 1.0?

AGain it does not make a lot of sense .... and seems contradictory - the newer improved device (in this case a usb 2.0 connection) should be better????