Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

JSanders
Solutions: 5,923
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Blackberry Unlocking Issues

dottins wrote:
Did you get it?

Got it.

Be patient, remember we don't work for RIM, we're users just like you. This is a community user to user forum.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dottins
My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: Digicel

After the ten attempts have been used, you must get RIM to unlock the device.

* IF your device is in warranty, contact your service provider technical support. Tell them you have this issue which needs to be escalated to RIM level customer support. I'll warn you that most carrier technical support people will first assume and think you are referring to a device security unlock, and you will need to convince them otherwise and explain clearly what you need. THEY will not be able to help you because the carriers themselves cannot unlock a device which has had the MEP code attempts depleted, and should (and you will need to ask) to have the case escalated to RIM level tech support.
* If your device is out of warranty, contact RIM direct. See the Contact Us information from the website: http://ca.blackberry.com/contact/ The options you want to select to speak to BlackBerry Customer Care are 3 (for inquiries, orders, billing, e-RMA etc) then 5 (e-RMA and Out of Warranty).

J Sanders I have 3 more tries, and my carrier says they will not unlock the phone until it has been on their service plan for more than one year.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dottins

My apologies. I'll be patient
Please use plain text.
JSanders

dottins wrote:
J Sanders I have 3 more tries, and my carrier says they will not unlock the phone until it has been on their service plan for more than one year.

I hear ya, but there's really nothing I can do here. I hope your entering the code correctly.

I don't know about the previous question about the difference in the MEP ID, never faced that before.

You might be wise to stop where you are and return this device to the seller. Was it a normal retail seller who might take it back just because you didn't like it?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dottins

it was purchased for me through my company's corporate account. I got it discounted. I'll give it one more try then give up. Thanks for all your help dear. Really appreciate it.
Please use plain text.
JSanders

Good luck, sorry I could help you better.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dottins

Well, i gave it one more try with no lock so i'm leaving it alone before it gets hardlocked. Thanks again tho. This means i'll have to spend additional cash to activate it on Digicel. My actual service plan is with Bmobile another carrier, but the company did me a favour my purchasing the phone from their provider. :smileysad:
Please use plain text.