Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Wulf
My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: Boost Mobile

Blackberry Username lost

I was trying to update some software on my phone and it prompted me for my Blackberry ID Username.  It wants and e-mail address for this and yet when I put one in it comes back and tells me I need to enter a valid Blackberry ID username.  I can request for the password to be reset but that is no good without knowing what the username is. I have two e-mails that I have been using for over a decade and neither of them work.  The only work around I have found is to completely wipe my phone and start from scratch.  Is there anyway to avoid this?  I am beginning to think I should just get a new phone since it looks like I will have to start from scratch anyway and this time go with an Android since the service is cheaper as well.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
hatchback
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: Blackberry Username lost

Hey Wulf,

Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

To better assist you, can you please provider the full error message you receive? 

Thanks.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Visitor
shoptilyadrop105
My Device: Curve 9330
My Carrier: Verizion

Having the same problem, only I just downloaded Blackberry apps.

The error states: The username and password provided do not correspond to a valid BlackBerry ID.

I have no problem logging into my account on the computer, just can't on my phone

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Wulf

[ Edited ]

The exact error message I get is "! Enter the username associated with this smartphone".  I have used 7 of the 10 alloted tries so far.  I am assuming after 10 failed attempts it completely locks the phone up.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Here are KBs that discuss those errors:

• KB28429 "Please enter the username associated with this smartphone" appears when logging into BlackBerry App World with a BlackBerry ID using a BlackBerry 7 smartphone
  • KB28212 "Unable to login to your BlackBerry ID account" or "Unable to update your BlackBerry ID account information" error occurs on a BlackBerry smartphone running BlackBerry 7

Hopefully they contain something useful! There also are multiple existing threads on this site that discuss that exact error...your review of those might prove useful, and a search of this site, using the error message, error code, or symptom, should reveal all applicable existing threads to you.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Wulf

Yes, I had read all those.  I was hoping there was another way other than having to wipe my phone.  As it appears there isn't I will abide with what I have and after the first of the year buy an Android.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

OK...well that's your decision to make. BBs are the most secure mobile devices out there, and all associated systems likewise have high security, for which the human component is rather critical. The BB ID credentials are deeply integrated into the BB OS...for security reasons, the WIPE is necessary if the need is to change the actual credentials associated (as opposed to just the password or username, each which can be independently changed without the WIPE action).

I just re-read your earlier post and have this as well, contradicting your assumption there:

• KB24157 BlackBerry ID lockout behavior

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.