Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

LonoXIII
My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry Wouldn't Wake Up??

Brand new Blackberry Curve, less than a week old. Everything seemed fine until this morning, when I looked over at it sitting on it's cradle. I picked it up to see if I had any messages and... nothing. No lights, no screen, just sitting there black and "dead" like it was still asleep. I pressed buttons all over it, and nothing.

I finally had to open up the back, pull out the battery and reseat it, then wait forever while a little hourglass sat on the screen, and finally it booted up.

Is this a common occurrence? Is it a hardware issue? Software issue? Should I start looking for a replacement?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Blackberry Wouldn't Wake Up??

Check the behavior of your device for few days and such incident occurs again then your claim warranty. In BlackBerry minors problems are being resolved with a soft reset like we do for out desktop PC.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
cds
Visitor
cds
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Blackberry Wouldn't Wake Up??

Thank you both for this Forum Q&A.  That exact same thing happened to me this weekend on a 6 week old Curve and I was totally panicked because I was visiting friends for 3 days and away from my computer, etc.  The moment I got home I found this site and found this forum and found this Q&A.  After having read your messages, I did take out and reinsert the battery and, for now, its working again.  But I will monitor the device and if it happens again I will call the Rogers store where I got it from.   Thanks again.

Please use plain text.