Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Lazzva
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Blackberry calling problems

Ok, so I have sound, I got a SMS message with sound, so I know that works. But when I try to make a call, or get a call, I cannot hear anything. It's like the phone is off. But I hear the little connect sound. This is driving me crazy, I don't know what it could be. Any suggestions?
Please use plain text.
Developer
hmeister
My Device: 9000

Re: Blackberry calling problems

Lazzva wrote:
Ok, so I have sound, I got a SMS message with sound, so I know that works. But when I try to make a call, or get a call, I cannot hear anything. It's like the phone is off. But I hear the little connect sound. This is driving me crazy, I don't know what it could be. Any suggestions?

Hi...

Did you try adjusting your Profiles? The icon is on the Blackberry Handheld desktop. You can go to the icon and ADVANCED to edit your profiles or create a new profile.

H.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
If successful in helping you, please give me kudos in my post.
Please mark the post that solved it for you!
Thank you!
Best Regards

hmeister
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Lazzva
My Device: Not Specified

Hey, thanks for answering me! So I looked through some of the other posts, sorry, this was my first time on this site, I didn't know how to use it. But there was a post about this problem. The soultion is taking the battery out and restarting it. I had received a sms text with sound before, and that's when it stopped working. I've only had my blackberry for about 2 months, and it seems I've had nothing but problems. :smileysad: I don't know what's the benefit of it really.
Please use plain text.
Developer
hmeister
My Device: 9000

Lazzva wrote:
Hey, thanks for answering me! So I looked through some of the other posts, sorry, this was my first time on this site, I didn't know how to use it. But there was a post about this problem. The solution is taking the battery out and restarting it. I had received a sms text with sound before, and that's when it stopped working. I've only had my blackberry for about 2 months, and it seems I've had nothing but problems. :smileysad: I don't know what's the benefit of it really.

Glad you got it working.

Pulling the battery is necessary in the basic troubleshooting of BB devices depending upon the symptom. It sometimes looks like people will tell you "Pull the battery" for many issues, but in fact, pulling the battery while the phone is on can repair abnormal behavior. It is almost like the "Reboot the computer" in some respects as there is a process that scrubs the BB Handheld memory on a reboot.

Best Regards;

H.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
If successful in helping you, please give me kudos in my post.
Please mark the post that solved it for you!
Thank you!
Best Regards

hmeister
Please use plain text.