Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry curve 8310 - receiving email from network@blackbery.net

I just bought my blackberry a couple days ago and setup my person and business email up with no problem.  A few days later I brought the desktop software installation disc to work and installed it so I could sync my work Outlook contacts and calendar.  Ever since I did this I've been receiving a message like this from network@etp1106et.pna.blackberry.net for every message I send or receive (only for my work email).  We use a Microsoft Outlook Web Access for mail and I use Outlook 2003 on my desktop to view my mail.  The message looks like this

"This message is used to carry data between the BlackBerry handheld and an associated server. Please do not delete, move or respond to this message - it will be processed by the server"

We do receive our email for a server... We have an IT guy that comes in once a week, however I travel & won't be back in the office until June.  Any Suggestions on where I went wrong, why I'm getting this email, or how I can fix it???

Thank you!!

Contributor

Re: Blackberry curve 8310 - receiving email from network@blackbery.net

Hi!

Are you running BIS or BES? If you are running BIS my guess is that you have installed desktop manager for BES and this is one reason to this RIM email. Uninstall desktop manager and install it for BIS. If you have installed desktop manager for BIS my guess is that your service provider has provisioned you for BES. Contact your service provider to check this out.

Regards

BBsupp

New Contributor

What is BIS and BES?... I'm assuming Blackberry Enterprise Software... sorry I'm new to this blackberry world
Contributor

Ok, BES = BlackBerry Enterprice Server and BIS= BlackBerry Internet Service. My guess is that you are running BIS and therefore uninstall desktop manager and install it again but be sure that you install it for BIS ( BlackBery Internet Service and I'm sure that these email will stop coming.

Regards

BBsupp