Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
benesja
My Carrier: Mobistar (Belgium)

Blackberry curve 8520 (USB CONNECTION PROBLEM)

Hello, I need urgent help, 2 days ago I got a fatal error (552) which is telling me to reload my software...

But on top of that I have another error, I just bought a new usb-cable for my blackberry (because I lost my old one)..

and connected it with my pc.

All of sudden it didn't install the device software which is **bleep** me off because I can't do anything with the phone right now.

It gives me this error in the device manager properties:

Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)

Please help,

Greets.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
benesja

Re: Blackberry curve 8520 (USB CONNECTION PROBLEM)

Btw I really don't know why that fatal error happend but it happend after I restarted the phone :/

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
benesja

Just downloaded OS 5.0, where do i find this downloaded map?

Currently when i go to device manager it says the current version is 4.2.0.14 (maybe if i update it to 5.0 it fixes?)

Please use plain text.
Contributor
KAMBLEBA
My Carrier: Idea

benesja .
Welcome to Support community forums.
First tell which bb model you are having?and originally which OS version was on your device?when you reloaded software which version was that?and main thing whether you had rebooted the device after installation new software ?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
benesja

[ Edited ]

My blackberry model is Blackberry curve 8520.
The originally OS version installed on the phone is OS 4.6.1.314.
I can't reload the software because I can't connect the phone due to the problem I stated.

I just booted it while walking because I was having a problem I don't remember anymore.

PS I think the main problem is this: 

(Which is saying: Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52))

If i'm able to fix that, I think it will connect and I will be able to reload my software..

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
benesja

This of course hasn't got anything to do with the driver being unsigned.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Carrier: BSNL

[ Edited ]

benesja wrote:

Hello, I need urgent help, 2 days ago I got a fatal error (552) which is telling me to reload my software...

But on top of that I have another error, I just bought a new usb-cable for my blackberry (because I lost my old one)..

and connected it with my pc.

All of sudden it didn't install the device software which is **bleep** me off because I can't do anything with the phone right now.

It gives me this error in the device manager properties:

Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)

Please help,

Greets.

Hi bebesja

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

To better assist you can you provide some more details like which version of desktop software you are using ,and which version of windows you have ,and have your tried updating your windows.

In addition you can find some good reading here regarding the error you are getting 

1. Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers code 52 

2. Tips for getting BlackBerry Desktop Manager to detect the BlackBerry smartphone! 

3. KB00125 :  Identifying and troubleshooting issues with the BlackBerry Desktop Software detecting a USB connected BlackBerry smartphone.

Or simply download the latest BlackBerry Desktop Software on another PC and have a try.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
benesja

I just installed it on another pc, lost my contacts but whatever :smileyhappy:
Glad I've got my baby back.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Carrier: BSNL

benesja wrote:
I just installed it on another pc, lost my contacts but whatever :smileyhappy:
Glad I've got my baby back.

Hi benesja

Good to know that your device is back ON TRACK  :smileyhappy:

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.