Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Orange

Blackberry curve 8520 keypad working by itself?

Hi.

Basically, earlier i put my phone down on a wet side, about half an hour later it completely frozen and the keyboard and touchpad wouldnt respond, i connected it to the computer, updated it and it worked fine after, the problem i have now is the letters H and L work completely by themselves and without warning,  my phone is still on, works fine except those keys, checked battery and its not water damaged, does anyone know if this will fix itself or will it get worse? will it eventually affect my whole phone?

Any replies would be appreciated, i basically need it to work till monday, i can get a new one then!

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Bold 9900, Playbook , HS-700 headset
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Blackberry curve 8520 keypad working by itself?

Hiya!
Let's check something first.
Remove the battery.
There should be a little square on both the battery and the device where the battery goes.... It should be white.
Is it any other color, such as pink or red?

-Raelic
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1). Please thank those who help you by clicking the Like Button beside the 'Reply' button.
2). If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution" on the correct post!
3). Remember to have fun! We are all in this together!
4). Follow me on Follow Raelic1337 on Twitter