Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
wullie1970
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: vodafone
Accepted Solution

Blackberry curve 8520

Hi I have just bought a blackberry curve on Friday passed, I was tonight finding my way about the phone after my blackberry pack became live and I was downloading some apps etc and while I was downloading this app called four square I got the follow message on my screen and I cant do anything with my phone to change the firewall This is what the message reads....

The application four square has attempted to open a connection to a location inside of the firewall and outside the firewall which is not allowed by your it policy then it has a box in blue saying OK I click on the ok and it just keeps on going back to the message I have just said I cannot do anything with my phone I cant make call's text's internet or emails because of this error message I click on the blackberry button it takes me to my home bar upon clicking on anything on the bar it goes straight back to this message. Does anyone have an answer to this problem as I dont know what to do to get out of this mess at all.

Thanks very much for taking your time to read this post and I hope someone has the answer to help me close this message to enable me the use of my phone.

Thank you

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Blackberry curve 8520

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Your device has an IT policy which restricts what programs and remote sites you can run. First let's see if we can get your phone to start.

Try the link below.

Thanks,

Bifocals

KB17877 How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in safe mode

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
wullie1970
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: vodafone

Thanks a lot I now hav my phone in safe mode will I need to disable the firewalls while I am installing apps? If so how do I stop the firewall
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi,

1) If your phone is your work phone and is part of your corporate network, ask your IT department what IT Policies are on your device.

2) If your phone is your personal device and was purchased brand new from your service provider you need to have them replace the device.

3) If your phone is your personal device and your bought it pre-owned  from an individual or eBay you will want to remove the IT policy by wiping the device OS (software) and reinstalling it. Read the links below for the exact procedure and the software needed.

Thanks,

Bifocals

KB14202  How to remove an IT policy from a BlackBerry smartphone

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.