Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

MH75
My Device: curve 9300

Re: Blackberry curve 9300 bbm isn't working also emails

I have a blackberry curve 9300 I've had this phone for 26 months now. I purchased the extended warranty which would make me 2 months past warranty. I am having major issues with the battery on my phone, the battery is swelling and in danger of exploding. Bell of course is telling me that they can not do anything, as a battery is not covered under warranty. In speaking with Blackberry, I to am getting a run around, being told that my battery is a year and 2 months past warranty. My concern is my battery is not just not holding a charge, but my battery is actually swelling. It is a defective battery, NOT an over used battery. All I am asking is for a replacement battery a cost of $60 (priced at the Source). You would think that a company the size of both Bell or RIM (Blackberry) that a $60 battery would not be such a big issue. You both charge an arm and a leg for your phones / plans, this is a simple request for a dedicated customer in order to keep her both happy and her future business. $60 battery, not a $600 phone????? All im asking is for a little assistance in a minor issue.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Blackberry curve 9300 bbm isn't working also emails

MH75 wrote:

I have a blackberry curve 9300 I've had this phone for 26 months now. I purchased the extended warranty which would make me 2 months past warranty. I am having major issues with the battery on my phone, the battery is swelling and in danger of exploding. Bell of course is telling me that they can not do anything, as a battery is not covered under warranty. In speaking with Blackberry, I to am getting a run around, being told that my battery is a year and 2 months past warranty. My concern is my battery is not just not holding a charge, but my battery is actually swelling. It is a defective battery, NOT an over used battery. All I am asking is for a replacement battery a cost of $60 (priced at the Source). You would think that a company the size of both Bell or RIM (Blackberry) that a $60 battery would not be such a big issue. You both charge an arm and a leg for your phones / plans, this is a simple request for a dedicated customer in order to keep her both happy and her future business. $60 battery, not a $600 phone????? All im asking is for a little assistance in a minor issue.

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

While I sympathize with your predicament, please review this information that is presented at the top of every page on this site:

BSCF User Comm.JPG

No one here, in this user-to-user community, has any power to do anything regarding your situation.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.