Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Blackberry curve 9320 problem..

I'm sorry, I'm lost..."first one"? What is that? I gave you quite a lot up there, and from what you describe, I can't correlate "first one" to anything that I wrote. For example, the first thing I suggest you do is a backup...but from what you describe with "first one", that's not anything like the backup process at all, so I'm lost.

And, what, exactly don't you understand about the reset to factory process? Details please...I can't help you if I can't understand what is stopping you.

The best way to help me help you is, if I suggest a process for you to follow, that you actually start to follow it. If you get stuck at a particular point, then stop and ask...with clear and detailed information about exactly where you are stuck and what you are stuck on.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
lrn2fight
My Device: Blackberry curve 9320

i ment this with first one. 

Then, still in Safe Mode, try to perform a device WIPE via the Desktop Software ResetToFactory method:

• KB31291 How to reset a BlackBerry smartphone to factory settings using BlackBerry Desktop Software

If things return to normal operation, then you can go ahead with restorations.

all the other things after that i didn't understand, when i clicked the link for the os package thingy it made me chose a provider or something, i have a prepaid phone.(note: sticky thread's didn't include curve 9320)

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

lrn2fight wrote:

i ment this with first one. 

Then, still in Safe Mode, try to perform a device WIPE via the Desktop Software ResetToFactory method:

• KB31291 How to reset a BlackBerry smartphone to factory settings using BlackBerry Desktop Software

If things return to normal operation, then you can go ahead with restorations.

OK...thanks...so you did the ResetToFactory WIPE? Or not? 

And it's still confusing...because along with when you said "the first one", you also said:

• i tried the first one, after trying to install stuff (choosing language and such) i noticed the trackpad...

Well, in that ResetToFactory process, there is nothing about trying to install stuff, is there?

Sorry again...I really want to help you, but I just need to understand what you've succeeded at and where you are getting stuck.

lrn2fight wrote:

all the other things after that i didn't understand, when i clicked the link for the os package thingy it made me chose a provider or something, i have a prepaid phone.(note: sticky thread's didn't include curve 9320) 

Until we understand if you've been able to do the ResetToFactory and what the result of that was, it's moot to go beyond that...one step at a time please.

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
lrn2fight

after i reset back to factory defaults you have to agree to the terms and conditions etc. on the blackberry, before you can use it. correct? well when i wanted to accept the terms and conditions i noticed i couldnt scroll.

sooo in other words: it did not work. :No:

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Ahhhh....OK, that's much clearer...thank you!

So, the ResetToFactory WIPE itself worked, but the problem was not resolved. Hence, we now move to the next step. But lets take this one step at a time...I'll go back to what you said above:

• "all the other things after that i didn't understand, when i clicked the link for the os package thingy it made me chose a provider or something, i have a prepaid phone.(note: sticky thread's didn't include curve 9320)"

You will have to dig. You will have to first find the carriers that support your model BB, by going into each carrier on that portal and seeing if they support your model. If they do, jot down the most recent OS level that they support (as noted by the "Applications" information they provide). Then, once you have all of that, compare them and choose which OS you desire...I'd recommend the most recent (the one with the highest values in the "Applications" version information).

Let me know when you've made your selection and successfully downloaded the package to your PC. Then we can move to the next step. If you don't understand something in this post, please be explicit with your question.

Good luck and let us know!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
lrn2fight

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Did you download it to your PC yet? If so, what is the exact and complete filename please...that is an unusual location, so I want to be sure you have a file that will be useful.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
lrn2fight

its the latest software for the blackberry curve 9320 by the (dutch) t_mobile, i chose that one since i'm also from the netherlands.

the file name is: 9320M_PBr7.1.0_rel2039_PL9.49.0.76_A7.1.0.714.exe 

i didn't open it yet though

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

OK...that's a proper filename. Good. And it's OS 7.1.0.714, which is relatively newer, but should still hopefully be OK (since you've elected to not conduct the exhaustive search through all carriers).

Note, however, that if your reason for choosing that was because you needed a specific language, the carrier you obtain the OS from is not relevant...the languages are embedded before the carriers receive the package from BlackBerry, and they (the carriers) just "wrap it" with things specific to them (specific apps they want to push out, etc.).

But, no problem...we can proceed with this one and hopefully all will be fine.

OK...next step...since you succeeded at the ResetToFactory, we can be fine in assuming that you already have the Desktop Software installed to your PC. Now, what I want you to do is look into your PC's installed apps and look for any that have to do with BlackBerry...make sure that only the Desktop Software is there...if there are any Device Software packages installed to your PC now, please remove them.

Once all Device Software packages are removed from your PC (and even if you had none), please do a clean reboot of your PC...a full power down, followed by starting up (not the "restart" option please).

After it's back up and stable, proceed to install that Device OS package to your PC...accept all defaults that it may offer, except at the end -- Don't let it auto-launch the Desktop Software when the installation completes.

Let me know when you've got all of that done.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

STOP

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates