Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry curve 9320
My Carrier: Lebara

Re: Blackberry curve 9320 problem..

i sadly have to say.. the kik messenger didn't do the trick.. uhm.. anything else we can try? also, do you have skype so i can like show you my device?

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.840), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

lrn2fight wrote:

i sadly have to say.. the kik messenger didn't do the trick.. uhm.. anything else we can try?

Only what I already said at the end of post 30 above:

• "If it does not work, then you will need to continue as before (seeking out a proper BB OS package to load to your BB)."

Did you yet do as I recommended last night? Have you finished digging through the download portal for a proper BB OS package to install?

lrn2fight wrote:

also, do you have skype so i can like show you my device?

No. If you want to provide images, you can post them here. But you've described it adequately as far as I can tell, so I'm not quite sure what additional value those will provide.

I continue to strongly believe that you simply must continue the process we've been working on...find a proper BB OS package and get that loaded cleanly to your BB. As I said yesterday, that normally will take about 30 minutes (once you've found the proper package), and we're going on "day 2" now...

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

[ Edited ]

i found one but it wants me to fill stuff..

Software Download for 2020 Logistics
Downloading BlackBerry Handheld Software v7.1.0.2039 (Multilanguage)
By completing and submitting the form below to Research In Motion Limited and/or its subsidiaries or affiliated companies ("RIM"), you consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of the information by RIM in accordance with RIM’s privacy policy, which can be found at http://www.blackberry.com/legal/privacy.shtml,: (i) for RIM’s internal use; (ii) for the purpose facilitating your download of RIM software; and (iii) to allow RIM or any one of its authorized business partners to provide you with information on RIM and/or BlackBerry products and services, if you have so elected.

the link: https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Downloads/contactFormPreload.do?code=29539ED932D32F1C56324CDED92C...

Hall of Famer II

That's not unusual...some ask for that information, others do not. If you do not want to fill it in, then keep looking.

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

you know, the one that i downloaded earlier is for the curve 9320, i checked all other devices and they all are name like 9320M_etc etc the m is just some random letter.. should i just try that? 

Hall of Famer II

lrn2fight wrote:

you know, the one that i downloaded earlier is for the curve 9320

Not according to the filename you provided in post 18 above...unless you downloaded something else you didn't tell me about.

lrn2fight wrote:

i checked all other devices and they all are name like 9320M_etc etc the m is just some random letter.. should i just try that? 

They are not random...a 9320M is a 9320M. If you could properly operate your device, we could check for sure:

• KB23393 How to check the model number and version of installed BlackBerry device software on a BlackBerry smartphone
  • There also might be a label inside the battery compartment, under the battery.
  • There also might be information on the original packaging.

If you want to try it, you can. If you receive, from the process, a message like "there is no OS installed on your PC for your device", then it could mean that my suspicion is correct (that the 9320M package won't work for a 9320) -- it could also mean a few other things, though, so we will have to go very slow and careful if you want to proceed down this "rabbit hole".

Let me know.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

all the other ones made me sign up with companies and stuff which i don't have, so i'm up to try this one. the inside of my blackberry says blackberry 9320 Model: rev71uw

i'm up for this. so first turn laptop off, turn it on, install software, turn it off, turn it on, connect blackberry?

Hall of Famer II

lrn2fight wrote:

all the other ones made me sign up with companies and stuff which i don't have, so i'm up to try this one. the inside of my blackberry says blackberry 9320 Model: rev71uw

You can always enter anything you want into those fields...they simply are mandatory fields, but you can put anything into them...they just can't be empty. You also should be presented with the choices before having to enter that information, which includes the filename, which includes the notation for the specific model for which the package is intended. So, you don't have to fill out any of that information until after you've made your choice, and only then have to fill it out once (for the one you selected). But, no matter...

lrn2fight wrote:

i'm up for this. so first turn laptop off, turn it on, install software, turn it off, turn it on, connect blackberry?

Not quite...let's go slow, OK...

1. Install the BB OS package to your PC. At this point, no need to reboot I think.
  2. Delete, on your PC, all copies of VENDOR.XML...there will be at least one, and perhaps 2, and they will be located in or similarly to (it changes based on your Windows version) these folders:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
    • C:\Users\(your Windows UserName)\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
  3. Connect your BB to your PC -- wait for Windows to tell you, in the bottom right area, that the device has been successfully installed
  4. Launch the Desktop Software -- it should immediately offer to install, to your BB, the OS package you downloaded...if anything else happens, STOP and come back here.

Note that you CANNOT SKIP STEP 2...you MUST COMPLETE THAT...there IS NO CHOICE.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

sorry i was out for a couple of hours, but now i'm back.

done step 1'

but at step two i've removed the vendor.xml in the first location, but i couldn't find the second location. so i just skip that?
Contributor

ok i contineud and opend blackberry desktop manager but it didnt offer anything, maybe because i have the newest software already? i dont know