Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Visitor
RaniaAhmed
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9360

Blackberry curve 9360 Battery Life

i just got the blackberry curve 9360 a week ago and the battery doesnt last for a half day! its my secondary phone so i barely use it for phone calls, just the normal bbm,emails and some text.. i rarely browse or use applicaitons and i always close on exit. i had the curve 8520 before and the battery was more than fine! 

i read in several posts elsewehere this is a common problem, i need to confirm from the authentic bb community.

thanks 

afernp
My Device: Curve 9360

Re: Blackberry curve 9360 Battery Life

I just bougth a BB Curve 9360. I cannot believe that the battery life is too short. it works for less than 12 hours with few usage.

schornia
My Device: curve 9370

Having same problem but with my Curve 9370. It's so annoying I have to carry my charger with me everywhere!
What's the point of having useful apps if the phone battery won't even last half a day? 

Or perhaps I'm doing something wrong? I already am turning off all the apps when I am not using them, set LED light to lowest, and use only silent mode on the phone. I do text a lot, but only make on average 3 phone calls a day.

Is there no BB customer service centre where we can speak to someone about this & get someone to explain why this is happening?

New Contributor
Debbielou14
My Device: Curve 9380

Yes mine is exactly the same! having to take my charger everywhere with me! Yes i use the apps but rightly said (as above) whats the point of being able to have the apps if you cant use them on a phone with no battery!! Very annoying!
New Contributor
ssbmaverick
My Device: Curve 9360

Having a serious battery issue also, using 9360 on AT&T and provider has not released the new 7.1 update.  I cannot go to sleep and wake up with battery, I go to sleep with a full charge and when I wake up the phone has shut down because there is not enough battery left.  I have no choice but to set my phone to 2G to conserve on battery and this is so annoying.  I can barely get 6 hours of use on one charge with minimal usage.  This new 9360 battery really blows!!!!

JSanders
Solutions: 5,992
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

I hope you've read the suggestion and tips made in the other thread where you've posted:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Curve/Complaint-over-9360-Curve-battery-life/m-p/1...

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code