Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
aditya111
My Device: curve 9380
My Carrier: vodafone essar

Re: Blackberry curve 9360 battery issues?

Is there an update of this sort for bb curve 9380, because even im facing the same battery problems

Please use plain text.
ashokgayathri
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9360
My Carrier: Airtel

Hi

This is great information. I am based out of India and not a vodafone subscriber. I subscribe to Airtel services. Does all the information you have mentioed count also for India and airtel services?

Please clarify

Thanks

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
azmjac17
My Device: blackbery curve 9360
My Carrier: virgin mobile

I am also having a problem with my battery life on the 9360. I would like to know if there is a software update for the curve 9360 on virgin mobile. Thanks for all your help
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
azmjac17

Virgin mobile UK

Thanks
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nfbarreto
My Device: 9360 Unlocked BB
My Carrier: Vodafone PT

You can check for the latest updates here http://us.blackberry/update and then following the link at the bottom of the page for the carriers update page.

The update I refer in my original post should work with any operator, but ensure that you first remove the vendor.xml file from your device (check the Crackberry.com link I posted for instructions on how to do that).

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nfbarreto

Should work as long as you remove the vendor.xml file from your device. Follow the Crackberry.com link in my origina post on instructinos on how to do that.

Please backup your device before installing the update in the event that you need to revert to your original configuration

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nfbarreto

I don't think this updated would work on the 9380 as I believe the 9380 uses a different radio, You could check whether vodafone UK has a similar update for that device by following the carriers link at the bottom of the following page: http://us.blackberry.com/update

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
azmjac17

Hi, i have downloded this firmware but i am worried about installing it becuase i cannot find the vendor.xml file that i need to delete.

there is a vendor file but it says it was created 2nd December 2011. Therefore i am worried that this file may not be the correct one and do not want to delete it just in case.

Could you help me please.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
RoyalBlueStuey
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: Orange

I am using SW bundle 2259 and the battery problem is chronic...my screen is down and the gps is off but you really should be able to get two days out of your phone not barely 12 hours.

Does 2259 sound like it's one of the versions with the battery problem..

Really love the phone apart from that....failing the sw solution is there a stronger battery I can buy?

Please use plain text.
LaDiosa
My Device: Blackberry curve 9360
My Carrier: globe

Have the same issue here about this curve 9360. Returned it to where I purchased in the Philippines and the store reported it to the BB manufacturer to check. It was returned to me after a week stating on the report that "no battery failure and heating up is normal. ' I wonder why big company as BLACKBERRY can't resolved this issue. I am a first time user... I was so excited having this Blackberry thing... and now I am very disappointed and I regret purchasing it!!!

Please use plain text.