If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Forums Veteran I
drizzt09
My Device: 8320 / 9530

Re: Blackberry curve switched to GSM, I want EDGE back.

pull out your sim card, and put it back in. put battery in and boot back up, if you still have GSM instead of EDGE go into a local store and get them to swap your sim card and see if that solves it.

another thing that will get rid of EDGE is no data plan or improperly provisioned data plan.

if you removed your data plan, call back your carrier and re add it

if you still have a data plan call your carrier to make sure its still there and ask them to remove and readd it.

then pull the battery for 20 seconds after they have done that

Please use plain text.
elliemay145
My Device: curve
My Carrier: fido

What is this GSM **bleep**?

for some reason this morning when i woke up my phone worked and then all of  a sudden the scroll will work only going up and down but will not select and no other buttons are working on my phone. I have no idea why but i did notice that my service was switching frrom GSM to edge to EDGE and i`ve never seen that happen before with my phone.. Will someone please help me? :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
samantha1991
My Device: BB Storm 9500
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hi Guys,

In have a BB Storm 9500. I got it July 09 and it has had GPRS/EDGE until 3-4 weeks ago, all i've recieved is GSM, which means no emails, no browsing etc... Ive called Customer Care and they told me to take the battery out of the phone for 15seconds and then it should be ok.. well it isnt!! Ive tried restarting the phone turning signal off and on taking the battery out AGAIN! nothing works. Im in Grafton NSW, where i would get GPRS, when i travelled to Coffs Harbour i would get EDGE, and now when im there or anywhere around Grafton/Coffs area where i live all i get is GSM. I recently went up to Gold Coast and recieved 3G fine. Im getting sick of now being able to use my phone and Vodafone is hopeless as they cannot tell me what the issue is.. Does anybody know of an outage in Northern NSW? Or when my services will return to normal? Im sick of sitting on the phone to someone who tells me to try something ive already tried three times a week for the past month! My nearest Vodafone store is 2 hours away so i cannot just walzt into a store and complain. My contract finishes next july and i wont be on vodafone again after this **bleep**! Help?!

Please use plain text.
Pinki89
My Device: Blackberry curve 8500 series

Thanks

I tried and it worked first time..NO one els could help me..hehe.. but now im happy..

thanks again..

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
access2avi
My Device: Not Specified

Sir i m having the same issue, edge bcame gsm....  tell me what u did to fix it... plzzz i need help

Please use plain text.
Visitor
shoy33
My Device: Not Specified

Please tell me what you did to get edge back. My bb curve has the same problem.

Please use plain text.
es44
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: Vodafone

I have had exactly the same problem and have tried to get it fixed so many times!

Originally all i had was GSM and absolutley no signal for calls, texts or internet. I sent it away and they said it was water damaged, so i used my insurance to get it sent away again. When I got it back the insurance said it had been fixed, and it looked like a brand new phone from the outside with no scratches. when i put my sim in I still had the same problem, so I sent it away again.

I just got my phone back and it still doesnt work, although again it seems like a new phone. I tried putting another simcard of the same network provider in, and it's still on GSM. the only difference is with my simcard it says sos only and with the other it had signal bars but wouldnt make any calls etc..Does anyone have any ideas at all???

Please use plain text.
Visitor
Nige_like
My Device: curve
My Carrier: t mobile

well ive had this problem for about 3 days now and i keep getting gprs back for about half hour then it disspears again. but ive just read through this and tried rebooting it and taking the battery out and it didnt work, so i had a little look through my phone settings and as im with orange it shares signal with t mobile also.

So i went to MANAGE CONNECTIONS > MOBILE NETWORK OPTIONS > SCAN FOR AVALIABLE NETWORKS (AND WENT FROM ORANGE TO (T-MOBILE - ORANGE) 10 mins later my phone got everything through. Hope this helps you all :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Jaikrishnan
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: Airtel

Hi eS44,

Any help for the problem that you went through?

I just heard that signing into the Blackberry after creating an ID does the job. I am just hoping that after I do complete this post and send it - My BB starts working.

I am also not receiving any calls etc., it keeps moving to SOS or GSM :smileysad:

Let me know if you did get a fix.

Thanks

Jaikrishnan

Thanks

Jaikrishnan
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Jaikrishnan
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: Airtel

Hi All,

Well, I had a very trying time last week. But hopefully it is in the past for ever.

I got a replacement BB from my vendor and things have started to work again. The first thing that I did this time however was to register my HRT (I don't know what was the jinx but hope that this has the power to fix it all).

Thanks

Jaikrishnan

Thanks

Jaikrishnan
Please use plain text.