Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Matt1292
My Device: Curve 9300

Blackberry emails delayed

[ Edited ]

My phone's blinker(led light at the top or w/e its called) would usually flash as soon as an email was received. Woke up the other day and was told to re input my passwords for my emails.. So i did and now they keep on being delayed! I tried deleting the emails and re-adding them and now I have 2 blue dots over each message icon and they seem to be a greyish colour.

Help please!

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: Blackberry emails delayed

Those icons are normal email icons. How long is the delay in the emails?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
Matt1292

I never had those blue dots there until I deleted and then re-added my email addresses.

The delay is anywhere from 5 minutes to 40 minutes. And again.. never had this problem until I was told to re-enter my email passwords..
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Those are small globe icons on the envelope icons that indicate it's an Internet email account.

Most Internet email accounts are polled by BIS at certain Intervals. The interval is every 20 minutes. If BIS finds new mail then it will send it to the device and then poll again in 5 minutes. If it doesn't find new mail it goes back to the 20 minutes interval again. This is how BIS has worked for years. There are some email account types that are instant including gmail, yahoo, and outlook.com but most others will work on the polling interval I described.

As for why but suddenly changed I'm not sure. However what you describe is normal. A 40 minute delay isn't normal though unless your device has a weak signal. Are you sure it's really going 40 minutes?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
Matt1292

I used to get my emails on phone like a second before my email inbox even showed them. This is really annoying and I want the blue dots (or globes) gone :smileysad:
Guru I
John_Clark

They're not going away, I can assure you. I'm not sure why they weren't there before, but they are supposed to be. You can contact your wireless service provider and see what they say. They will probably tell you what I just told you.
New Contributor
Matt1292

It's not so much the globes that annoy me.. its the fact ever since i entered my passwords again that the emails are now delayed :'(
Guru I
John_Clark

What email accounts are they? GMail? Yahoo? Outlook.com?
New Contributor
Matt1292

Both hotmail.
Guru I
John_Clark

This should answer it. You can thank Microsoft:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB35412