Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Dutch41
My Device: Curve 8520

Blackberry id error

Hi, hope someone can help as frustration levels now at Volcanic eruption point. 

I have  a Curve  8520 which I bought from relative just before Xmas, less than a year old.  Until the weekend I have never had a problem.  Over the weekend I upgraded BBM messenger and since that point it has all gone completely bonkers.  On re booting phone it would not open my BBM messenger as it it said it could not verify my Blackberry ID.  On checking Blackberry ID it had reverted to prior registered email address, so I entered my details and password again, went to save and it locked me out of Blackberry ID for 15 mins.  Tried all day Sun and Mon to access Blackberry ID but no such luck.  Have even created a new ID but it keeps saying tried too many times and locks me out for another 15 mins. 

Help before phone gets flying license.

Cheers

Dunk

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: Blackberry id error

Hello Dutch41

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

The newer version of BlackBerry Messenger integrates with our BlackBerry ID , Can you confirm that after recieving that device you performed a Security wipe used your own BlackBerry ID ?

Also if we enter too many wrong BlackBerry ID password it will initiate a Lockout behaviour , and in that situation you have to reset your password .

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.