Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: wind mobile

Blackberry identity installation failed

My BB curve 9300 running ver 6 is not able to install any apps. Using Blackberry app world 3, when I try to download an app I get "A blackberry  Identity update is needed. Woudl you like to install it now?"

I respond yes and receive "Blackberry identity installtion failed. please try agina later"

According to Blackberry web site the below infomration is to resolve the problem.

"A BlackBerry Identity update is needed" message appears when launching BlackBerry App World 3.1

Article ID: KB29300

Type: Support Content

Last Modified: 01-06-2012

Product(s) Affected:

• BlackBerry ID
  • BlackBerry App World for BlackBerry smartphones
CollapseEnvironment

• BlackBerry App World 3.1
  • BlackBerry® Device Software 5.0
  • BlackBerry® 6
  • BlackBerry® ID
  • DT 2527824
  • DT 2530164
CollapseOverview

When launching BlackBerry App World™ 3.1, the following message is displayed:

A BlackBerry Identity update is needed. Would you like to install it now?

After applying the update and restarting the BlackBerry® smartphone, the same message is displayed.

CollapseResolution

To resolve this issue please complete the following steps:

1. Select the Options icon
  2. On the device, select the Applications > Application Management menu
  3. Delete the entry labeled BlackBerry Identity
  4. Return to the BlackBerry homescreen
  5. Launch BlackBerry App World
  6. When prompted, download the BlackBerry Identity update
  7. After the update has been completed, restart the BlackBerry smartphone

However I do not find Blackberry identity installed and belive the problem is with my carrier Wind mobile Canada filtering the needed infomration for the update to occur. I base this on the fact that when I donw grade " App wold to version 2" My Blackberry never gets an update request for the latest version which is version 3.1.2.32.

Forums Veteran II
My Device: Passport & PlayBook
My Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Re: Blackberry identity installation failed

See what others say.  If it were me I would do a backup and then try a security wipe and see what happens.  

- Ira
Contributor
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: wind mobile

Re: Blackberry identity installation failed

Further to the notification from Blackberry they provide a article Article ID: kb29501 which states the following

"Error installing BlackBerry Identity, please try again later" when trying to install an update for BlackBerry Identity in BlackBerry App World.

Article ID: KB29501

Type: Support Content

Last Modified: 01-18-2012

Product(s) Affected:

• Desktop Software (Windows)
  • BlackBerry App World for BlackBerry smartphones
  • BlackBerry ID
Environment

• BlackBerry App World™ 3.1
  • BlackBerry® Internet Service
  • BlackBerry® ID
  • BlackBerry® Device Software 6.0
  • BlackBerry® Desktop Software 4.7 to 6.1
Overview

When launching BlackBerry App World™ the BlackBerry® smartphone user is prompted to install an update for a BlackBerry® ID. After accepting, the following error displays:

Error installing BlackBerry Identity, please try again later.

As a result, the BlackBerry smartphone user is not able to browse for applications.

Cause

There is an existent IT Policy on the device that is preventing the update of the BlackBerry Identity application.

Resolution

Remove the IT policy using the loader.exe application included with BlackBerry® Desktop Software 4.7 to 6.1 on a Windows® based computer.  For information on how to remove the IT Policy see KB14202.

Additional Information

Warning: This procedure deletes all data on the BlackBerry smartphone. Back up the data before performing this procedure. For more information on how to back up data, see KB12487.

• -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the IT policy is on the providers side and not my Blackberry.