Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Blackberry loading screen only 2/3rd of the way now its saying error 507? HELP!

Okay so I have a Blackberry 8520 and I've had it for about a year and I haven't dropped it recently or had and water damage but when I woke up in the morning my phone was dead, decided to charge it only to find out that the loading bar would load 2/3rds of the way. I did everything I could thing of, numerous battery bulls and I left the battery out for hours and then put it back in and I still had the problem.
I looked online and found some stuff to try out but now I think I may have made the problem worse, Blackberry Desktop Software doesn't properly detect my phone and whenever I click update it always ends up failing saying that there is nothing connected.
Application Loader also doesn't load as I get an error message saying unable to conect properly.
BBSAK doesn't recognise my phone either.

My USB is in perfect working order and so is my laptop so I don't see what the problem could be.
After the first time I tried the update thing on the Blackberry software it made my phone change.
Now the loading bar loads 2/3rd of the way really fast and then a white screen with error 507 (or something along those lines) shows up!

Can anyone help me as I'm going away in the next few hours and it's urgent that I've got my phone with me!
Talk about bad coincidence on Friday 13th! 

New Contributor

Re: Blackberry loading screen only 2/3rd of the way now its saying error 507? HELP!

Just thought I'd add, as soon as I posted this BBSAK started working and I clicked wipe device and still nothings happened...

Forums Veteran II
My Device: Passport & PlayBook
My Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Re: Blackberry loading screen only 2/3rd of the way now its saying error 507? HELP!

The 507 error means no device software (no OS).  Reload the OS.  Easy way is to use Desktop Manager to do it automatically via the Internet.

- Ira
New Contributor

When I try and do it via the Desktop Software it gets halway through and then an error comes up! I've tried at least 5 times now and I've always reloaded the software offline plenty of times!

Forums Veteran II

Have you tried doing it offline this time?  Might be worth a try.

Also, exactly what is the error message?

- Ira
New Contributor

I've just wiped my phone and restored it with the OS and now I'm back to square one with my phone being loaded 2/3rds of the way again! You don't happen to know how to fix this do you :')?

Forums Veteran II

Let me make sure I understand what you are seeing at this point.

You managed to reload the OS and all seemed to go fine.

Now you are waiting for the device to boot and the progress bar appears to have stopped (at about 2/3 of the way).

Is that the situation?
- Ira
New Contributor

Yeap, I'm basically back to wear I started in the first place! 

Forums Veteran II

Several thoughts....

I have seen (for reasons I don't know) a Blackberry take 20 minutes to boot up two or three times in my experience.  The progress bar would be stuck at about that point, then move a little, stop, move a little, stop,.etc., and then suddenly finish.  So, if you haven't waited a good 30 minutes to see if it will boot, you should.

You should remove the media card (and SIM if it is a GSM device) and test.

If you didn't test before reloading third-party apps, then an app being the problem is a possibility.  See if you can boot in safe mode.  See http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?noCount=true&externalId=KB17877&sliceId=2&cm...

- Ira
New Contributor

Typical, I'm back to reload software 507 again now!