Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Visitor
adrianahg
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8520

Blackberry messenger groups notification icon not appearing in home screen top

Hello all,

I recently upgraded to the new version of BlackBerry messenger, and my family created a group. At first, whenever someone added a picture to the group or commented in the group chat, I would see an icon in my screen indicating I had a new group message. I do not know what happened but I cannot see the icon anymore. Also I do not hear any sound so I have to manually check the group all the time and it's very annoying.

In the group icon there is no red indicator that anything changed inside, but when I enter the group there is the red spot in the chat icon. I have restarted my BB (taken off the battery with the device on) but still nothing. Please help!

Thanks a lot. I have a Curve 8520 if it matters =P

Regards,

Adriana from Vzla

Retired
Dr_Palto
My Device: 9000, 9500

Re: Blackberry messenger groups notification icon not appearing in home screen top

Hello adrianahg,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

In your case I would recommend re installing the BlackBerry Messenger application. First we would need to remove the old one by going to Options>Applications on your BlackBerry smartphone and deleting the BlackBerry Messenger application from the list. Restart the BlackBerry smartphone by removing the battery if it does not ask you to do so automatically. Once rebooted open your Browser and navigate to www.blackberry.com/messenger to download the latest version of the BlackBerry Messenger application.

Thank you

-DrP

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Visitor
vaki
My Device: Curve 8520

Re: Blackberry messenger groups notification icon not appearing in home screen top

I have the same problem but that solution doesnt work for me...

Options > Aplications > Principal > BB Messenger and cant uninstall... theres no option for doing that..

¿?

Contributor
The_R0225
My Device: Not Specified

I have the same problem with my bold 9700.
No icon or sound when receiving a message from a group.
I have to check the message manually :-(
Retired
Dr_Palto
My Device: 9000, 9500

Hi,

We can also try to reload the software on the BlackBerry smartphone to make sure it is running the latest version and there are no issues with the OS.

To do this we would need to back up the BlackBerry smartphone. Please open the BlackBerry Desktop Manager and connect your BlackBerry smartphone. Click on the Backup and Restore button and select Back Up. Please note the location where the backup is being saved as we will need to access it later to restore the BlackBerry smartphone.

Once you have backed up your BlackBerry smartphone please follow the link below to complete a clean reload of the BlackBerry smartphone software.

Link: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB11320

Thank you

-DrP

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor
The_R0225
My Device: Not Specified

Thx for the instruction. Didn't know that one yet.

I manage to solve my problem.
Something i tried before but suddenly it worked.

I couldn't delete messenger because it wasn't in apps
So downloaden a new one through BB app world en deleted it
Rebooted device. Installed messenger through dekstop from my provider vodafone and it is working :-)