Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

smoken999
My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry.net email account

I set up an account with sprint.blackberry.com and got an email account with the email address myusername@sprint.blackberry.net.

Everything is working, but is there a way to log into the email account using the web? Login to sprint.blackberry.com does not give any option of looking into the email account. I want to be able to check emails without using the phone. Anyone knows how I could do that? Thanks!

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,894
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Blackberry.net email account

No there is not, sorry.

A few years ago, there was, but that was phased out.

My recommedation would be not to use a yourname@yourcarrier.blackberry.net address, for a few reasons... the one you mentioned is one of them. The second reason, there is absolutely no spam filtering on those emails (other than what you can set up using the "filters" on your sprint BIS account. Instead, get a free Gmail account, and use that pushed to your BlackBerry. You get web based interface with your mail from any PC in the world, and great spam filtering.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
takeshi
My Device: Not Specified

The *.blackberry.net accounts aren't transportable either -- at least not from carrier to carrier.  Should you ever switch carriers in the future, you'd lose the address.  With any other BIS-integrated account you'd just integrate the email account with BIS on your new carrier (and remove it from the old carrier's BIS).

Spam is really the worst part though.  Your only recourse is to ditch the email address and create a new one.  Don't use it.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Lhea
My Device: BB Bold 9900
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

I know this is an old thread but i was wondering if you know how we can retrieve password? I had a phone replacement and when I was setting it up, my personal email add and that was asked for password for activation. i can not remember setting up one. If I do, normally it's all the same but all possible combination isnt working..

Please use plain text.
JSanders

Is this a password for your email account, your BlackBerry BIS account, or your BlackBerryID?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Lhea

BIS

Please use plain text.
JSanders

Then yes, you can all your mobile provider Globe and ask them to reset your account. What will happen is more or less, they delete the account and re-add it, in effect starting fresh and new. Create a new password.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Lhea

great. I will drop by later then and have them reset it.

Thanks! :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
daletom2008
My Device: +
My Carrier: A.T.T

thank.s for your help i new at this but all i dow  i in bed ore in hospital i just tring .to get my phone to my computer sow.i can dowen

load my picher  to my computer   send text to my new frends out thar how nead just to talk a bout thar time in hospital    even kids that are scard  a bout    that time   if i dow sumthing rong   just  tell me we can get it right sary for my spelling not a lottle of schooling    for kids lick me back in the day 

you can find me on facebook.
Please use plain text.
JSanders

daletom2008 wrote:

thank.s for your help i new at this but all i dow  i in bed ore in hospital i just tring .to get my phone to my computer sow.i can dowen

load my picher  to my computer   send text to my new frends out thar how nead just to talk a bout thar time in hospital    even kids that are scard  a bout    that time   if i dow sumthing rong   just  tell me we can get it right sary for my spelling not a lottle of schooling    for kids lick me back in the day 

You want move a picture from your BlackBerry to your computer? Is that it?

Easy way:

• email yourself from your BlackBerry > attach the picture.
  • Open the email on your computer.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.