If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
mattyhambley
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Blackberry problems

Hi, Im new to the fourm, and im having a serious issue with my blackbrry curve 8520, it wont let me unlock it, even after battery pulls, I get to the home screen and it wont let me enter in my password or anything, im really worried about this an im not sure what t do.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Blackberry problems

What do you mean when you say it "won't let you"?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mattyhambley
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Well...my phone loads up and everything, but when i try to select the 'unlock' option, nothing happens, it sometimes doesnt let me use my scroller and other times the only letters it will let me type are 's, n, h and l' i hve no iea whats wrong with this phone at the moment.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

It sounds like the device might have gotten some moisture in it. I would recommend removing the battery and letting it sit in a warm place (on a stereo, cable box, etc.) for a few days. Don't put the battery back in to "check" it. Just let it sit there and dry out. That MIGHT fix it....no guarantees, though. It might be time for a new BB.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.